Welcome to Farmingdale State College’s Policy Library. This library is the official repository for all institutional policies and procedures and is intended to be a resource for faculty, staff and students seeking information related to the policies that govern the institution. This library does not contain department-specific policies and procedures. Please contact the department for specific departmental policies and procedures.
Please direct all questions regarding policy content to the Responsible Office listed on the respective policy.
Aviation Flight Center Safety Policy
The purpose of this policy is to establish safety guidelines for faculty, staff, and students entering the Aviation Flight Center, specifically the ramp area.
All employees working at the Aviation Flight Center or other Farmingdale State College employees who have cause to access the Flight Center Ramp Area will be provided with this policy on an annual basis by the Aviation Flight Center Safety Officer.
All students accessing the Flight Center will be provided with this policy at the beginning of each semester by the Flight Center Safety Officer.
Faculty, Staff, Students, Third-Parties
The safety of Farmingdale State College’s faculty, staff, and students is a priority of the College. The FSC Aviation Center (AVCent) flight line parking area for college-owned aircraft is a Republic Airport restricted area requiring Flight Center access to the ramp area for authorized persons. As a campus facility operating aircraft, the Aviation Flight Center presents inherent risks and safety hazards and those on the ramp should take measures to limit distractions while on the ramp. It is imperative that all faculty, staff, and students entering the Aviation Flight Center’s ramp area, including all employees specifically assigned to the Aviation Flight Center, follow the safety measures outlined below for the safety of themselves and others in the area.
All those in the Aviation Flight Center ramp area must be aware of moving aircrafts and propellers. Incoming and outgoing aircrafts have the right-of-way over any person(s) in the Aviation Flight Center ramp area. All those in the ramp area are responsible for relocating themselves if they see a moving or incoming aircraft and stay at least 50 feet away from the moving aircraft.
For safety purposes, all persons must not:
- be within a 15-foot radius of any non-moving propeller
- be within a 25-foot radius of an aircraft while its engine is running. If the rear fin strobe of an aircraft is on and blinking that aircraft is to be considered running.
- be within 50 feet from a moving aircraft
The use of tobacco is prohibited in the Aviation Center ramp area.Under no circumstances are individuals or equipment allowed onto the ECHO Ramp (noted as “Do Not Operate” on the diagram below). This Ramp is managed by Republic Airport Operations and trespassers can be detained.
Aviation Flight Center Ramp Area- Area outside of the Aviation Flight Center where aircraft are being maintained, operated, and/or flown. This excludes the ECHO Ramp which is managed by the Republic Airport operations and should never be entered by anyone other than authorized personnel.
Aviation Flight Center
Approval Date: 11/23/2021
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Amnesty Policy
- Aviation Flight Center Safety Policy
- Campus Policy For Preferred First Name
- Campus Policy for Animals Care and Use for Research
- Campus Policy for Assignment of Credit Hours
- Campus Policy for Credit‐By‐Evaluation
- Campus Policy for Transfer Credit
- Captioned Media Policy
- Faculty Compensation and Load Credit for Credit‐Bearing Internships
- General Education Requirements
- Grade Grievance Procedure
- Guidelines for Academic Standing for Matriculated Undergraduate Students
- Plagiarism Detection and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Planning & Conducting Distance Learning
- Policies for Academic Standing for Non-Matriculated Students
- Policy and Procedure Guide For Faculty Led Study Abroad Programs
- Policy for Recording Classroom Instruction
- Specially Designated Course Policy
- Student Attendance Policy
- Use of Solar Carport
- Writing-Intensive Requirement
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Additional Sick Leave Request Guidelines(a.k.a. Presidential Sick Leave)
- Also Receives Policy
- Alternate Work Location Policy
- Background Investigation Policy
- Civility and Bullying Policy
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Complaint Procedure
- Domestic Violence and the Workplace Policy
- Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy
- Extra Service Processing Procedure
- Farmingdale State College Consensual Relationship Policy
- Internal Promotion Policy
- Mandatory Reporting and Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
- Nepotism Policy
- New Position Justification
- Part Time Recruiting and Hiring
- Policy on Affirmative Action Search Waivers
- Reimbursement of Moving Expenses Policy
- Telecommuting Policy
- Tobacco Use Policy
- Volunteer Policy
- Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Banner Security Policy
- Copyright Guidelines
- Data Communication Network Security Policy
- Farmingdale Information Security Policy
- GDPR Privacy Notice
- Guidelines for the use of Digital Material
- Retiree Email Policy
- Wired or Wireless Network Policy