Welcome to Farmingdale State College’s Policy Library. This library is the official repository for all institutional policies and procedures and is intended to be a resource for faculty, staff and students seeking information related to the policies that govern the institution. This library does not contain department-specific policies and procedures. Please contact the department for specific departmental policies and procedures.
Please direct all questions regarding policy content to the Responsible Office listed on the respective policy.
Key and Lock Control Policy
The purpose of this policy is to set forth key and lock control procedures that enhance the safety and security measures on campus.
Faculty, Staff, Students, Third-Parties
The Physical Plant, through the Lock Shop, is responsible for managing lock and key control for the Campus The Physical Plant is the only department authorized to issue, install, maintain, repair and replace locks, lock cores and keys throughout campus. Keys are the responsibility of the department head and employees. Employees are required to follow the procedures below and return all assigned keys upon separation from the College.
High risk departments may be granted specific authorization by University Police and Physical Plant to install security systems. To insure prompt and appropriate campus response to intrusion alarms, all remote alarm systems must be connected directly to the on-campus central alarm station located at University Police. The system may be connected to off campus locations in addition to the campus alarm.
When assigned keys are lost or stolen, the employee must immediately notify the supervisor, who shall report the loss to University Police and Physical Plant. Locks and cores will be changed upon department's request or at the recommendation of the Director of Physical Plant. In the event that a key is lost due to staff negligence, the individual will be responsible for the replacement cost.
A. Lock and Key Requests
2. Physical Plant is required to obtain employee signatures when keys are issued or returned; reviews of departmental records are conducted by the Lock Shop.
3. Upon separation from the College, the employee is required to return all assigned keys to the department; issuance of the final paycheck will be delayed until the keys are returned.
B. Installation of Security Devices
Departmental requests for installation of security devices must be approved by University Police and Physical Plant prior to purchase. Contracts for security systems such as intrusion alarms, computer and CCTV systems that require installation independent of the Lock Shop must be obtain prior approval. University Police and physical Plant will survey the locations to be secured and provide any other related information. All systems that generate alarm signals must be connected to the Campus Central Station and monitored by University Police.
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Amnesty Policy
- Aviation Flight Center Safety Policy
- Campus Policy For Preferred First Name
- Campus Policy for Animals Care and Use for Research
- Campus Policy for Assignment of Credit Hours
- Campus Policy for Credit‐By‐Evaluation
- Campus Policy for Transfer Credit
- Captioned Media Policy
- Faculty Compensation and Load Credit for Credit‐Bearing Internships
- General Education Requirements
- Grade Grievance Procedure
- Guidelines for Academic Standing for Matriculated Undergraduate Students
- Plagiarism Detection and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Planning & Conducting Distance Learning
- Policies for Academic Standing for Non-Matriculated Students
- Policy and Procedure Guide For Faculty Led Study Abroad Programs
- Policy for Recording Classroom Instruction
- Specially Designated Course Policy
- Student Attendance Policy
- Use of Solar Carport
- Writing-Intensive Requirement
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Additional Sick Leave Request Guidelines(a.k.a. Presidential Sick Leave)
- Also Receives Policy
- Alternate Work Location Policy
- Background Investigation Policy
- Civility and Bullying Policy
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Complaint Procedure
- Domestic Violence and the Workplace Policy
- Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy
- Extra Service Processing Procedure
- Farmingdale State College Consensual Relationship Policy
- Internal Promotion Policy
- Mandatory Reporting and Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
- Nepotism Policy
- New Position Justification
- Part Time Recruiting and Hiring
- Policy on Affirmative Action Search Waivers
- Reimbursement of Moving Expenses Policy
- Telecommuting Policy
- Tobacco Use Policy
- Volunteer Policy
- Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Banner Security Policy
- Copyright Guidelines
- Data Communication Network Security Policy
- Farmingdale Information Security Policy
- GDPR Privacy Notice
- Guidelines for the use of Digital Material
- Retiree Email Policy
- Wired or Wireless Network Policy