Policies Listed By Department
Academic Policies and Guidelines
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Academic Standing Policy
- Assignment of Credit Hours
- Captioned Media Policy
- Credit by Evaluation
- General Education at Farmingdale
- General Education Learning Outcomes
- Transfer Credit Policy
- Writing Intensive Requirement
Administration and Finance Policies
Equity and Diversity Policies
- Acknowledgement of Farmingdale State College's Child Protection Requirements (.pdf)
- Child Protection Policy (.pdf)
- Notice of Non-Discrimination
- Students' Bill of Rights
- SUNY Policies on Sexual Violence Prevention and Response
- Title IX Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Policy (.pdf)
Financial Aid Policies
Human Resources Policies
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Alternate Work Location Policy - MC Employees
- Background Investigation Policy.
- Board of Trustees Policies
- Child Sexual Abuse Policy
- Civility and Bullying Policy
- Compensatory and Vacation Time/Professional Service
- Counseling and Discipline Guidelines
- Domestic Violence Policy and the Workplace
- Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy
- Employee Checkout Procedure
- Essential Responsibilities for Family Medical Leave
- Family Medical Leave
- Internal Control
- Internal Promotion Policy
- JCOPE Ethics in State Government Training
- Justifying New Positions
- Leave Donation Program Guidelines
- Nepotism Policy
- Notice Period for Professional Staff
- Oath of Office
- Part-Time Recruiting and Hiring Policy
- Performance Evaluations
- Presidential Sick Leave
- Reimbursement of Moving Expenses Policy
- Search Procedure Manual
- Search Waiver Form
- Search Waiver Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Time and Attendance
- Temporary Hiring Procedure
- Voluntary Reduction in Work Schedule - CSEA
- Voluntary Reduction in Work Schedule - UUP
- Workplace Violence Prevention Procedure
- Workplace Violence Reporting Form
Additional forms & policies can be found here.
Information Technology Policies
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Banner Security Policy
- Copyright Guidelines
- Data Communication Network Security Policy
- Guidelines for the Use of Digital Material
- Web Guidelines
- Wired or Wireless Network Policy
Physical Plant Policies and Procedures
- Hazard Communication Policy
- Fire Emergency & Evacuation Plan
- Key and Lock Control Policy
- Snow & Ice Removal
- Use of Farmingdale State College Fleet Vehicles
Website Accessibility Policy
Farmingdale State College is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website to people with disabilities. Farmingdale seeks to make sure the website conforms to the Americans with Disabilities Act, Sections 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and New York State Technology Policy 99-3. New and updated web content on http://www.farmingdale.edu/ follows the W3C WAI's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, Level AA. Any issues should be reported to email@example.com.
Content Management System
Farmingdale State College uses OU Campus as its Content Management System to manage the website. In order to make it easier for Content Contributors to create accessible pages, the college provides web templates through OU Campus that meet many standard accessibility requirements. Content Contributors need to do their part by making sure that the content they add to those templates conforms to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Conformance Level AA guidelines by checking for “W3C validation” and “Web Accessibility” before publishing content.
Some of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Conformance Level AA guidelines enforced on our website includes:
- Use the "alt" tag to describe images by filling out the Image Description and Title fields with meaningful text.
- Provide text links if using graphical elements for navigation.
- Link text should be meaningful enough to make sense when read out of context.
For example, write "Read more information about the department" instead of "Click here."
Word and PDF Documents
- Ensure that uploaded Word and PDF documents are properly saved for ADA compliance.
Farmingdale State College will conduct periodic web audits to the Website to ensure that the above guidelines are continuously followed.
How to Increase or Decrease Browser Font Size
View > Text Size > Select Size
View > Text Zoom > Select Size
Pressing the buttons listed together at the same time also changes font sizes. "Cmd" is the Command key on the Macintosh keyboard. "Ctrl" is the Control key. The plus sign (+) means the two keys around it must be pressed at the same time.
Decrease Font: Ctrl+- (minus sign)
Increase Font: Ctrl++(plus sign)
Decrease Font: Cmd+- (minus sign)
Increase Font: Cmd++(plus sign)