Welcome to Farmingdale State College’s Policy Library. This library is the official repository for all institutional policies and procedures and is intended to be a resource for faculty, staff and students seeking information related to the policies that govern the institution. This library does not contain department-specific policies and procedures. Please contact the department for specific departmental policies and procedures.
Please direct all questions regarding policy content to the Responsible Office listed on the respective policy.
Research Foundation Mobile Communication Policy
This policy describes the appropriate use and management of mobile communication devices by Research Foundation (RF) employees working on campus at Farmingdale State College.
In certain circumstances it may be necessary for RF staff to have mobile connectivity or a sponsor may explicitly require that a grant-funded employee be provided with a business-only mobile device. In these limited circumstances, advance approval from the employee’s supervisor and the RF Operations Manager (OM) on campus is required.
Staff supporting RF work may receive a monthly stipend in the amount of $25 in order to cover a portion of their monthly charges for their device and service plan. This stipend will only be provided in cases where it is documented and verified that the employee must be available outside of normal business hours or whose work requires connectivity while off campus at other service locations. Documentation and approval by the supervisor and OM must be provided before any stipend is received and on an ongoing basis as required.
In circumstances where a sponsor explicitly requires that a grant-funded employee be provided with a business-only mobile device, the OM is responsible for review and approval of all device acquisition and contract terms and conditions. For this limited number of sponsor-funded devices, employees should not consider mobile communication device bills private or secure. The RF has a right to monitor bills and usage of any RF-owned equipment and determine if misuse or abuse exists. The responsibility for an assigned mobile communication device cannot be transferred to another employee. When an employee terminates employment or transfers to another campus position, the device must be returned to the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Administration, in appropriate working condition, prior to an employee’s last day of work. Any employee assigned a mobile communication device who fails to comply with this policy may have privileges suspended or revoked and may be subject to disciplinary action.
RF Employees seeking a stipened or mobile device associated with their RF responsibilities must follow the procedures outlined in this policy.All other associated charges, assurances, and contractual responsibilities shall be borne exclusively by the employee. The RF will not reimburse for other incidental charges including, but not limited to, accessories, cases, batteries, taxes, or phone replacement for damage, theft or loss.
RF employees seeking the $25 stipened for mobile connectivity must follow the below procedures:
1. Employees must submit the Cellular Telephone Stipend Allowance Form which much be signed by their supervisor and the OM prior to submitting for reimbursement. This form must be maintained as current in the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Administration and must be renewed annually.
2. Once the initial approval is obtained, in order to receive a stipend employees must submit a copy of their cell phone bill along with a Research Foundation Check Request Form to the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs. Employees may choose to redact certain information contained in these bills but clear documentation must be provided in order to receive a stipend. The stipend will be $25 per month and may be requested on a quarterly basis.
RF employees required to have a business-only device must follow the below procedures:
1. Staff requesting a business-use cell phone must obtain three (3) quotes from vendors and must provide these to the OM for consideration. The OM will review and approve all cell phone contracts where the phone is approved by the sponsor and the RF will be the owner of the phone.
2. Any associated device cost and ongoing monthly charges must be included in the sponsor-approved budget and must be explicitly lined out in the detail of the budget.
3. For all business-use-only mobile devices, the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Administration will provide a monthly usage bill to the employee. The employee is responsible for reviewing the monthly usage bill. Employees must highlight all personal calls and reimburse the RF for all personal use. The reviewed bill must be submitted back to the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Administration within 2-3 business days of receipt.4. Reimbursement, in the form of a check or money order to cover costs of personal related calls, should be made out to the Research Foundation for SUNY, and forwarded to the Office of Sponsored Programs and Research Administration in a timely manner.
Existing Mobile Device Contracts - Existing personal mobile device contracts and associated devices will not be transferred to the RF or the campus and neither the campus nor the RF shall assume responsibility for any personal contractual or financial obligations made by employees including, but not limited to, device installment payments or monthly access charges.
Cellular Telephone Use While Driving: - The RF abides by the New York State Executive Order requiring that all employees are prohibited from utilizing a hand-held cellular telephone while operating a State or personal motor vehicle when conducting RF or FSC business.
Office of Sponsored Programs Administration
Effective Date: 6/25/18
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Amnesty Policy
- Aviation Flight Center Safety Policy
- Campus Policy For Preferred First Name
- Campus Policy for Animals Care and Use for Research
- Campus Policy for Assignment of Credit Hours
- Campus Policy for Credit‐By‐Evaluation
- Campus Policy for Transfer Credit
- Captioned Media Policy
- Faculty Compensation and Load Credit for Credit‐Bearing Internships
- General Education Requirements
- Grade Grievance Procedure
- Guidelines for Academic Standing for Matriculated Undergraduate Students
- Plagiarism Detection and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Planning & Conducting Distance Learning
- Policies for Academic Standing for Non-Matriculated Students
- Policy and Procedure Guide For Faculty Led Study Abroad Programs
- Policy for Recording Classroom Instruction
- Specially Designated Course Policy
- Student Attendance Policy
- Use of Solar Carport
- Writing-Intensive Requirement
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Additional Sick Leave Request Guidelines(a.k.a. Presidential Sick Leave)
- Also Receives Policy
- Alternate Work Location Policy
- Background Investigation Policy
- Civility and Bullying Policy
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Complaint Procedure
- Domestic Violence and the Workplace Policy
- Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy
- Extra Service Processing Procedure
- Farmingdale State College Consensual Relationship Policy
- Internal Promotion Policy
- Mandatory Reporting and Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
- Nepotism Policy
- New Position Justification
- Part Time Recruiting and Hiring
- Policy on Affirmative Action Search Waivers
- Reimbursement of Moving Expenses Policy
- Telecommuting Policy
- Tobacco Use Policy
- Volunteer Policy
- Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Banner Security Policy
- Copyright Guidelines
- Data Communication Network Security Policy
- Farmingdale Information Security Policy
- GDPR Privacy Notice
- Guidelines for the use of Digital Material
- Retiree Email Policy
- Wired or Wireless Network Policy