Welcome to Farmingdale State College’s Policy Library. This library is the official repository for all institutional policies and procedures and is intended to be a resource for faculty, staff and students seeking information related to the policies that govern the institution. This library does not contain department-specific policies and procedures. Please contact the department for specific departmental policies and procedures.
Please direct all questions regarding policy content to the Responsible Office listed on the respective policy.
Also Receives Policy
The purpose of this policy is to establish campus guidelines for the use of Also Receives compensation in accordance with SUNY’s Also Receives Compensation Procedures and Guidelines for Professional Staff.
Faculty, Professional Employees
Farmingdale State College is committed to complying with the procedures and guidelines set forth in the SUNY Also Receives Compensation Procedures and Guidelines for Professional Staff. Also Receives compensation may be awarded to annually paid professional employees who are assigned additional work outside of their normal professional responsibilities. Also Receives awards may be used when the work to be performed by the employee is:
- Temporary (one year or less in duration)
- In addition to, and substantially increases or expands the scope of the employee’s normal professional responsibilities; and
- Performed during an employee’s normal work shift.
As with Extra Service, employees may only earn up to twenty percent (20%) of their base annual salary within the calendar or academic year as appropriate. A justification of Also Receives compensation must be submitted and approved prior to the commencement of additional work being performed. All additional assignments and work must have a start and end date. Also Receives compensation will be reviewed every 6 months by Human Resources. If an assignment is required to extend beyond one year, a new justification needs to be submitted and approved.
Also Receives Compensation may not be used for employees who are paid on an hourly, fee or biweekly basis (part time employees).
All requests for Also Receives Compensation must include a Letter of Justification for Also Receives. The Also Receives Letter of Justification must include the following information:
- A brief description of the current duties performed by the employee to fulfill their state paid professional obligation, including identification of their regular work schedule (days and hours worked) and current teaching obligation (course # and title, scheduled contact hours/week and credits) if applicable; and
- A brief description of the duties to be performed as part of the proposed Also Receives assignment. The description must clearly delineate that the proposed Also Receives assignment is a temporary assignment (state period of assignment) and is in addition to the work performed as part of the employee’s normal professional obligation.
- The department head/supervisor requesting the Also Receives assignment (not the employee performing the Also Receives assignment) must initiate and sign the letter of justification.
- The letter of justification must be endorsed (at the bottom) by the employee’s immediate supervisor (not the employee performing the Also Receives assignment).
Also Receives: An amount paid to an unclassified service employee in addition to their base salary for work that is in addition to their normal professional obligation but which may be completed during their regular professional obligation.
Approval Date: 10/19/2021
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Amnesty Policy
- Aviation Flight Center Safety Policy
- Campus Policy For Preferred First Name
- Campus Policy for Animals Care and Use for Research
- Campus Policy for Assignment of Credit Hours
- Campus Policy for Credit‐By‐Evaluation
- Campus Policy for Transfer Credit
- Captioned Media Policy
- Faculty Compensation and Load Credit for Credit‐Bearing Internships
- General Education Requirements
- Grade Grievance Procedure
- Guidelines for Academic Standing for Matriculated Undergraduate Students
- Plagiarism Detection and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Planning & Conducting Distance Learning
- Policies for Academic Standing for Non-Matriculated Students
- Policy and Procedure Guide For Faculty Led Study Abroad Programs
- Policy for Recording Classroom Instruction
- Specially Designated Course Policy
- Student Attendance Policy
- Use of Solar Carport
- Writing-Intensive Requirement
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Additional Sick Leave Request Guidelines(a.k.a. Presidential Sick Leave)
- Also Receives Policy
- Alternate Work Location Policy
- Background Investigation Policy
- Civility and Bullying Policy
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Complaint Procedure
- Domestic Violence and the Workplace Policy
- Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy
- Extra Service Processing Procedure
- Farmingdale State College Consensual Relationship Policy
- Internal Promotion Policy
- Mandatory Reporting and Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
- Nepotism Policy
- New Position Justification
- Part Time Recruiting and Hiring
- Policy on Affirmative Action Search Waivers
- Reimbursement of Moving Expenses Policy
- Telecommuting Policy
- Tobacco Use Policy
- Volunteer Policy
- Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Banner Security Policy
- Copyright Guidelines
- Data Communication Network Security Policy
- Farmingdale Information Security Policy
- GDPR Privacy Notice
- Guidelines for the use of Digital Material
- Retiree Email Policy
- Wired or Wireless Network Policy