Welcome to Farmingdale State College’s Policy Library. This library is the official repository for all institutional policies and procedures and is intended to be a resource for faculty, staff and students seeking information related to the policies that govern the institution. This library does not contain department-specific policies and procedures. Please contact the department for specific departmental policies and procedures.
Please direct all questions regarding policy content to the Responsible Office listed on the respective policy.
Principal Investigator Eligibility Policy
This policy is intended to set forth requirements for Principal Investigator (PI) eligibility at Farmingdale State College.
Only eligible Farmingdale State College faculty and staff may serve as a PI on externally funded research, training, or other sponsored projects administered through the Research Foundation for the State University of New York. The PI must be a State University of New York Farmingdale State College employee.
Farmingdale State College faculty eligible to serve as a PI on externally sponsored projects include academic appointees who hold the titles of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Instructor, Lecturer, Librarian, Associate Librarian or Assistant Librarian.
Non-academic staff appointees at Farmingdale State College, must hold the title of Director or above and submit prior written approval from the cognizant Vice President or Provost when the application is submitted through the Farmingdale State College electronic approval form in Etrieve.
Individuals who are not currently, but will be academic appointees at the time of the proposed award date may serve as a PI on externally sponsored projects with prior written approval by the Chair or Dean confirming the appointment date of the proposed PI at the beginning of the grant application process.
Multiple PIs are permitted and are jointly accountable for the submission of requisite reports of sponsored programs to funding agencies. The first PI listed on the grant application or award is the liaison for internal communications within Farmingdale State College and external outreach with program officials. Co-principal Investigators (Co-PI) must meet the same criteria for eligibility as a PI.
Principal Investigator (PI) - The individual, designated by Farmingdale State College, who has the authority for the direction of a sponsored program. The PI is expected to have substantial input into programmatic activities as described in the project narrative.
Academic Appointees - Individuals who hold the titles of Professor, Associate Professor, Assistant Professor, Instructor, Lecturer, Librarian, Associate Librarian or Assistant Librarian.
Co-principal Investigator (Co-PI) - Individuals who are recognized by the Institution and the PI as having a significant contribution to the sponsored project. A Co-PI must meet the same eligibility criteria asa PI.
Individuals who will be academic appointees – Individuals who have received a signed appointment letter from Farmingdale State College and will begin their academic appointment after the grant application is submitted but before the proposed award date.
Prior Written Approval –A document written by the cognizant Vice President, Provost, Dean or Chair that indicates the individual applying for the grant is authorized to represent Farmingdale State College as a PI and is expected to fulfill all institutional, government and agency obligations. The document must be uploaded to the Farmingdale State College electronic approval form in Etrieve.
Office of Sponsored Program Administration
Date of Approval: August 18, 2020
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Amnesty Policy
- Aviation Flight Center Safety Policy
- Campus Policy For Preferred First Name
- Campus Policy for Animals Care and Use for Research
- Campus Policy for Assignment of Credit Hours
- Campus Policy for Credit‐By‐Evaluation
- Campus Policy for Transfer Credit
- Captioned Media Policy
- Faculty Compensation and Load Credit for Credit‐Bearing Internships
- General Education Requirements
- Grade Grievance Procedure
- Guidelines for Academic Standing for Matriculated Undergraduate Students
- Plagiarism Detection and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Planning & Conducting Distance Learning
- Policies for Academic Standing for Non-Matriculated Students
- Policy and Procedure Guide For Faculty Led Study Abroad Programs
- Policy for Recording Classroom Instruction
- Specially Designated Course Policy
- Student Attendance Policy
- Use of Solar Carport
- Writing-Intensive Requirement
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Additional Sick Leave Request Guidelines(a.k.a. Presidential Sick Leave)
- Also Receives Policy
- Alternate Work Location Policy
- Background Investigation Policy
- Civility and Bullying Policy
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Complaint Procedure
- Domestic Violence and the Workplace Policy
- Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy
- Extra Service Processing Procedure
- Farmingdale State College Consensual Relationship Policy
- Internal Promotion Policy
- Mandatory Reporting and Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
- Nepotism Policy
- New Position Justification
- Part Time Recruiting and Hiring
- Policy on Affirmative Action Search Waivers
- Reimbursement of Moving Expenses Policy
- Telecommuting Policy
- Tobacco Use Policy
- Volunteer Policy
- Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Banner Security Policy
- Copyright Guidelines
- Data Communication Network Security Policy
- Farmingdale Information Security Policy
- GDPR Privacy Notice
- Guidelines for the use of Digital Material
- Retiree Email Policy
- Wired or Wireless Network Policy