Welcome to Farmingdale State College’s Policy Library. This library is the official repository for all institutional policies and procedures and is intended to be a resource for faculty, staff and students seeking information related to the policies that govern the institution. This library does not contain department-specific policies and procedures. Please contact the department for specific departmental policies and procedures.
Please direct all questions regarding policy content to the Responsible Office listed on the respective policy.
Policy for Recording Classroom Instruction
The purpose of this policy is to set forth guidance on properly recording (whether audio, video, or streaming), sharing, distributing, and/or publishing classroom instruction.
Farmingdale State College faculty members may voluntarily record (whether audio, video, or streaming) classroom instruction for educational purposes.
Students may record classroom instruction as part of an accommodation approved by the Disability Services Center. Prior to recording, students must request this accommodation by registering with the Disability Services Center. Classroom instruction recorded by students for such accommodations cannot be shared.
Classroom instruction must be recorded and shared, distributed and/or published on College approved online learning platforms only, recordings may not be shared on any other platforms or internet sites, including social media sites.
Recorded classroom instruction that includes students or any of their identifiable information (i.e. name, voice, image, or likeness) may only be shared with students in the same course section of the same semester. These recordings cannot be shared with any other course sections. Students must be notified if classroom instruction is intended to be recorded via the course syllabus, as well as prior to recording each class session.
Recordings of classroom instruction intended to be used for other sections or courses must include faculty members only. It is prohibited to have students or any of their identifiable information in recordings of classroom instruction that will be shared with other sections or courses. Recordings of such classroom instruction can only be accessible to Farmingdale State College faculty, staff, and students. Capturing, copying, and/or sharing of recordings to others by faculty, staff, and students is prohibited.
Faculty must follow the below procedures when recording, sharing, distributing, and/or publishing classroom instruction.
As indicated in the Professional Handbook, faculty must include the following verbiage in the course syllabus, “This course will be periodically recorded to support course instruction. Recordings will be made available ONLY to students registered for the course. Students will be notified at the beginning of the class session if the session will be recorded.”
Instructions and training on how to properly record and share recordings of classroom instruction using approved software and online learning platforms can be found on the recording class instruction training resources web page.
Effective January 25, 2021
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Amnesty Policy
- Aviation Flight Center Safety Policy
- Campus Policy For Preferred First Name
- Campus Policy for Animals Care and Use for Research
- Campus Policy for Assignment of Credit Hours
- Campus Policy for Credit‐By‐Evaluation
- Campus Policy for Transfer Credit
- Captioned Media Policy
- Faculty Compensation and Load Credit for Credit‐Bearing Internships
- General Education Requirements
- Grade Grievance Procedure
- Guidelines for Academic Standing for Matriculated Undergraduate Students
- Plagiarism Detection and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Planning & Conducting Distance Learning
- Policies for Academic Standing for Non-Matriculated Students
- Policy and Procedure Guide For Faculty Led Study Abroad Programs
- Policy for Recording Classroom Instruction
- Specially Designated Course Policy
- Student Attendance Policy
- Use of Solar Carport
- Writing-Intensive Requirement
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Additional Sick Leave Request Guidelines(a.k.a. Presidential Sick Leave)
- Also Receives Policy
- Alternate Work Location Policy
- Background Investigation Policy
- Civility and Bullying Policy
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Complaint Procedure
- Domestic Violence and the Workplace Policy
- Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy
- Extra Service Processing Procedure
- Farmingdale State College Consensual Relationship Policy
- Internal Promotion Policy
- Mandatory Reporting and Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
- Nepotism Policy
- New Position Justification
- Part Time Recruiting and Hiring
- Policy on Affirmative Action Search Waivers
- Reimbursement of Moving Expenses Policy
- Telecommuting Policy
- Tobacco Use Policy
- Volunteer Policy
- Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Banner Security Policy
- Copyright Guidelines
- Data Communication Network Security Policy
- Farmingdale Information Security Policy
- GDPR Privacy Notice
- Guidelines for the use of Digital Material
- Retiree Email Policy
- Wired or Wireless Network Policy