Welcome to Farmingdale State College’s Policy Library. This library is the official repository for all institutional policies and procedures and is intended to be a resource for faculty, staff and students seeking information related to the policies that govern the institution. This library does not contain department-specific policies and procedures. Please contact the department for specific departmental policies and procedures.
Please direct all questions regarding policy content to the Responsible Office listed on the respective policy.
Use of Farmingdale State College Physical Plant/Fleet Vehicles
The purpose of this policy is to outline requirements for requesting and operating College vehicles.
Faculty, Staff, Students
Farmingdale State College owns various vehicles for the purposes of adequately responding to emergencies, maintaining campus grounds, and providing other necessary services. These vehicles represent a large public investment and must be used only for official Physical Plant or College business, personal use of these vehicles is prohibited.
Vehicles and other designated equipment are to be operated only by Physical Plant employees who are duly licensed and authorized. Campus employees may request to use College vehicles for official business by following the procedures outlined below. All employees must have a valid driver’s license and a completed LENS (License Event Notification System) form on file with University Police in order to be authorized to drive any College vehicle. Vehicles and equipment can not be used off campus unless authorized by the department head.
To operate a College vehicle or motorized equipment, employees must have a valid driver’s license, operate the vehicle safely and in compliance with applicable laws, policies, and procedures. Employees are responsible for the proper and legal use, general care, correct and efficient operation, upkeep, and cleanliness (inside and out) of their assigned vehicle and/or designated equipment. Smoking and the use of cellular devices without a hands-free adapter in College vehicles and equipment is prohibited.
Any vehicle operation on walk ways, other than responding to emergencies, is prohibited. Great care should be taken while driving and backing up on campus. Assistance should be obtained when backing up on campus, especially where the driver does not have a clear view of the entire area behind the vehicle. All accidents involving College vehicles or equipment must be reported to University Police or loca authorities if occurring off campus
Improper usage, neglect, or operational abuse of vehicles or equipment may be grounds for disciplinary action. Tickets for illegal use or accidents of College vehicles without proper authorization may be the responsibility of the employee.
- Campus employees can request the usage of a College vehicle using the Vehicle Request Form.
- All request forms must be submitted to Administration and Finance.
- Drivers will be notified if they are not on the approved drivers list and/or have not completed a LENS form.
- Vehicles are to be picked up at Physical Plant between the hours of 730am and 4pm.
- When vehicles are to be picked up on weekends and after hours, employees must arrange with the dispatcher or the garage to pick up keys.
- A mileage log located in the vehicles are to be completed.
- Vehicles should be returned in front of the Garage at Physical Plant.
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Amnesty Policy
- Aviation Flight Center Safety Policy
- Campus Policy For Preferred First Name
- Campus Policy for Animals Care and Use for Research
- Campus Policy for Assignment of Credit Hours
- Campus Policy for Credit‐By‐Evaluation
- Campus Policy for Transfer Credit
- Captioned Media Policy
- Faculty Compensation and Load Credit for Credit‐Bearing Internships
- General Education Requirements
- Grade Grievance Procedure
- Guidelines for Academic Standing for Matriculated Undergraduate Students
- Plagiarism Detection and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Planning & Conducting Distance Learning
- Policies for Academic Standing for Non-Matriculated Students
- Policy and Procedure Guide For Faculty Led Study Abroad Programs
- Policy for Recording Classroom Instruction
- Specially Designated Course Policy
- Student Attendance Policy
- Use of Solar Carport
- Writing-Intensive Requirement
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Additional Sick Leave Request Guidelines(a.k.a. Presidential Sick Leave)
- Also Receives Policy
- Alternate Work Location Policy
- Background Investigation Policy
- Civility and Bullying Policy
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Complaint Procedure
- Domestic Violence and the Workplace Policy
- Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy
- Extra Service Processing Procedure
- Farmingdale State College Consensual Relationship Policy
- Internal Promotion Policy
- Mandatory Reporting and Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
- Nepotism Policy
- New Position Justification
- Part Time Recruiting and Hiring
- Policy on Affirmative Action Search Waivers
- Reimbursement of Moving Expenses Policy
- Telecommuting Policy
- Tobacco Use Policy
- Volunteer Policy
- Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Banner Security Policy
- Copyright Guidelines
- Data Communication Network Security Policy
- Farmingdale Information Security Policy
- GDPR Privacy Notice
- Guidelines for the use of Digital Material
- Retiree Email Policy
- Wired or Wireless Network Policy