Welcome to Farmingdale State College’s Policy Library. This library is the official repository for all institutional policies and procedures and is intended to be a resource for faculty, staff and students seeking information related to the policies that govern the institution. This library does not contain department-specific policies and procedures. Please contact the department for specific departmental policies and procedures.
Please direct all questions regarding policy content to the Responsible Office listed on the respective policy.
For assistance with drafting and amending policies, please refer to the Policy Writing Guidance and/or contact the Risk and Compliance Office at 934-420-5365.
Website Accessibility Policy
The purpose of this policy is to ensure the college web site conforms to the Americans with Disabilities Act, Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Accessibility of Information Communication Technology Policy NYS-P08-005.
Faculty, Staff, Students, Third-Parties
Farmingdale State College is committed to ensuring digital accessibility for people with disabilities. New and updated web content on https://www.farmingdale.edu/ must follow the W3C WAI's Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0, Level AA.
Farmingdale State College employees designated as Content Contributors on the OU Campus Content Management System are responsible for ensuring the content they add conforms to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Conformance Level AA guidelines by checking for “W3C validation” and “Web Accessibility” before publishing content.
1. Content Contributors are responsible for implementing guidelines specified on the accessibility web page.
2. Any issues should be reported to email@example.com.
3. Daily web audits are conducted daily to ensure the guidelines are continuously followed.
Web Programming and Development
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Campus Policy For Preferred First Name
- Campus Policy for Animals Care and Use for Research
- Campus Policy for Assignment of Credit Hours
- Campus Policy for Credit‐By‐Evaluation
- Campus Policy for Transfer Credit
- Captioned Media Policy
- Faculty Compensation and Load Credit for Credit‐Bearing Internships
- General Education Requirements
- Grade Grievance Procedure
- Guidelines for Academic Standing for Matriculated Undergraduate Students
- Plagiarism Detection and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Planning & Conducting Distance Learning
- Policies for Academic Standing for Non-Matriculated Students
- Policy and Procedure Guide For Faculty Led Study Abroad Programs
- Student Attendance Policy
- Use of Solar Carport
- Writing-Intensive Requirement
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Additional Sick Leave Request Guidelines(a.k.a. Presidential Sick Leave)
- Alternate Work Location Policy
- Background Investigation Policy
- Civility and Bullying Policy
- Compensatory and Vacation Time/Professional Service
- Counseling And Discipline Guidelines
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Complaint Procedure
- Domestic Violence Policy and the Workplace Policy
- Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy
- Extra Service Processing Procedure
- Farmingdale State College Consensual Relationship Policy
- Internal Promotion Policy
- Leave Donation Program Guidelines
- Nepotism Policy
- New Position Justification
- Part Time Recruiting and Hiring
- Policies of the Board of Trustees
- Policy on Affirmative Action Search Waivers
- Reimbursement of Moving Expenses Policy
- Tobacco Use Policy
- Travel Reimbursement Instructions
- Volunteer Policy
- Workplace Violence Policy
- Workplace Violence Prevention Procedure