Welcome to Farmingdale State College’s Policy Library. This library is the official repository for all institutional policies and procedures and is intended to be a resource for faculty, staff and students seeking information related to the policies that govern the institution. This library does not contain department-specific policies and procedures. Please contact the department for specific departmental policies and procedures.
Please direct all questions regarding policy content to the Responsible Office listed on the respective policy.
For assistance with drafting and amending policies, please refer to the Policy Writing Guidance and/or contact the Risk and Compliance Office at 934-420-5365.
Website Accessibility Policy
Faculty, Staff, Students, Third-Parties
Farmingdale State College is committed to ensuring accessibility of its website to people with disabilities. Farmingdale seeks to make sure the website conforms to the Americans with Disabilities Act, Sections 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Accessibility of Information Communication Technology Policy NYS-P08-005.
Content Management System
Farmingdale State College uses OU Campus as its Content Management System to manage the website. In order to make it easier for Content Contributors to create accessible pages, the college provides web templates through OU Campus that meet many standard accessibility requirements. Content Contributors need to do their part by making sure that the content they add to those templates conforms to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Conformance Level AA guidelines by checking for “W3C validation” and “Web Accessibility” before publishing content.
Some of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Conformance Level AA guidelines enforced on our website includes:
Nest headings by their rank (or level). The most important heading has the rank 1 (<h1>), the least important heading rank 6 (<h6>). Headings with an equal or higher rank start a new section, headings with a lower rank start new subsections that are part of the higher ranked section. Top header must be rank 1 (<h1>).
Skipping heading ranks can be confusing and should be avoided where possible: Skipping heading ranks can be confusing and should be avoided where possible: Make sure that a <h2> is not followed directly by an <h4>, for example. It is OK to skip ranks when closing subsections, for instance, a <h2> beginning a new section, can follow an <h4> as it closes the previous section. View page with header structure and explanation.
Source: Web Accessibility Tutorials, W3C Web Accessibility Initiative.
- Use the "alt" tag to describe images by filling out the Image Description and Title fields with meaningful text.
- Provide text links if using graphical elements for navigation.
- Link text should be meaningful enough to make sense when read out of context.
Word and PDF Documents
- Ensure that uploaded Word and PDF documents are properly saved for ADA compliance.
- How to create Accessible documents (Word, PDF, PowerPoint, Excel).
Farmingdale State College will conduct periodic web audits to the Website to ensure that the above guidelines are continuously followed.
Farmingdale State College's Website has been programmed to be keyboard accessible by using the Tab, Shift+Tab and Enter keys to navigate through content. Skip navigation to different areas has been added to facilitate navigation to keyboard users:
- Go to Main Content
- Go to Secondary Navigation
- Go to Search
- Skip to Main Content
- Go to Footer Navigation
Windows and Macintosh:
In order to navigate the top menu bar using the arrow keys, the setting "Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages" must be enabled. To change this setting open the menu, select "Options", navigate to the "Browsing" section at the bottom of the options page, and finally enable the option called "Always use the cursor keys to navigate within pages".
In order to navigate the website using the Tab key, the setting "Full Keyboard Access" must be changed to "All controls" in System Preferences. To change this setting open the Apple menu on the top menu bar, select "System Preferences" from the dropdown menu, select the "Keyboard" section, select the "Shortcut" tab, and finally change the "Full Keyboard Access" option to "All controls".
How to Increase or Decrease Browser Font Size:
View > Text Size > Select Size
View > Text Zoom > Select Size
Pressing the buttons listed together at the same time also changes font sizes. "Cmd" is the Command key on the Macintosh keyboard. "Ctrl" is the Control key. The plus sign (+) means the two keys around it must be pressed at the same time.
Decrease Font: Ctrl+- (minus sign)
Increase Font: Ctrl++(plus sign)
Decrease Font: Cmd+- (minus sign)
Increase Font: Cmd++(plus sign)
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Campus Policy for Animals Care and Use for Research
- Campus Policy for Assignment of Credit Hours
- Campus Policy for Credit‐By‐Evaluation
- Campus Policy for Transfer Credit
- Captioned Media Policy
- Faculty Compensation and Load Credit for Credit‐Bearing Internships
- General Education Requirements
- Grade Grievance Procedure
- Guidelines for Academic Standing for Matriculated Undergraduate Students
- Plagiarism Detection and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Planning & Conducting Distance Learning
- Policy and Procedure Guide For Faculty Led Study Abroad Programs
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Additional Sick Leave Request Guidelines(a.k.a. Presidential Sick Leave)
- Alternate Work Location Policy
- Background Investigation Policy
- Civility and Bullying Policy
- Compensatory and Vacation Time/Professional Service
- Counseling And Discipline Guidelines
- Discrimination Complaint Procedure
- Domestic Violence Policy and the Workplace Policy
- Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy
- Extra Service Processing Procedure
- Farmingdale State College’s Policy on Mandatory Reporting and Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
- Internal Control Program
- Internal Promotion Policy
- Leave Donation Program Guidelines
- Nepotism Policy
- New Position Justification
- Part Time Recruiting and Hiring
- Policies of the Board of Trustees
- Policy on Affirmative Action Search Waivers
- Reimbursement of Moving Expenses Policy
- Title IX Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct Policy
- Tobacco Use Policy
- Travel Reimbursement Instructions
- Workplace Violence Policy
- Workplace Violence Prevention Procedure