Welcome to Farmingdale State College’s Policy Library. This library is the official repository for all institutional policies and procedures and is intended to be a resource for faculty, staff and students seeking information related to the policies that govern the institution. This library does not contain department-specific policies and procedures. Please contact the department for specific departmental policies and procedures.
Please direct all questions regarding policy content to the Responsible Office listed on the respective policy.
Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy
Faculty, Staff, Students, Third-Parties
Farmingdale State College is committed to the development and maintenance of a Drug and Alcohol Free work environment and, in accordance with the Federal Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 and the State Policy on Alcohol and Controlled Substances in the Workplace, will not tolerate the unlawful possession or use of controlled substances or on‐the job use or impairment from alcohol in the workplace. Compliance with the provisions of this Policy is a condition of employment with Farmingdale State College.
1. The term "controlled substance" means a controlled substance in Schedules through V of Section 202 of the Federal Controlled Substance Act (21 USB 812)
2. The unlawful manufacture, distribution, dispensation, possession or use of a controlled substance by an employee in all Farmingdale State College work locations is prohibited. An employee may possess and use a controlled substance which is properly prescribed for him or her by a medical practitioner.
3. On‐the-job use of or impairment from alcohol by an employee in all Farmingdale State College work locations is prohibited.
4. An employee who unlawfully manufactures, distributes, dispenses, possesses or used controlled substances in the workplace will be subject to disciplinary procedures consistent with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and collective bargaining agreements.
5. An employee who uses alcohol on the job or is impaired from the use of alcohol in the performance of the job will be subject to disciplinary procedures consistent with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and collective bargaining agreements.
6. An employee convicted of a drug or alcohol related criminal statute violation occurring in or on property owned or controlled by Farmingdale State College is required to give a signed written notice of the conviction to the Chief of University Police within five (5) calendar days following the conviction.
7. Farmingdale State College will notify the appropriate federal agencies, if applicable, within ten (10) days of receipt of a notice of an employee drug conviction. Farmingdale State College will make every effort to maintain a drug and alcohol free workplace. This effort will include drug and alcohol awareness education, an employee assistance program and the implementation and strict enforcement of this Policy.
Farmingdale State College will make every effort to maintain a drug and alcohol free workplace. This effort will include drug and alcohol awareness education, an employee assistance program and the implementation and strict enforcement of this policy.
- Academic Integrity Policy
- Amnesty Policy
- Aviation Flight Center Safety Policy
- Campus Policy For Preferred First Name
- Campus Policy for Animals Care and Use for Research
- Campus Policy for Assignment of Credit Hours
- Campus Policy for Credit‐By‐Evaluation
- Campus Policy for Transfer Credit
- Captioned Media Policy
- Faculty Compensation and Load Credit for Credit‐Bearing Internships
- General Education Requirements
- Grade Grievance Procedure
- Guidelines for Academic Standing for Matriculated Undergraduate Students
- Plagiarism Detection and the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Planning & Conducting Distance Learning
- Policies for Academic Standing for Non-Matriculated Students
- Policy and Procedure Guide For Faculty Led Study Abroad Programs
- Policy for Recording Classroom Instruction
- Specially Designated Course Policy
- Student Attendance Policy
- Use of Solar Carport
- Writing-Intensive Requirement
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Additional Sick Leave Request Guidelines(a.k.a. Presidential Sick Leave)
- Also Receives Policy
- Alternate Work Location Policy
- Background Investigation Policy
- Civility and Bullying Policy
- Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Complaint Procedure
- Domestic Violence and the Workplace Policy
- Drug and Alcohol Free Workplace Policy
- Extra Service Processing Procedure
- Farmingdale State College Consensual Relationship Policy
- Internal Promotion Policy
- Mandatory Reporting and Prevention of Child Sexual Abuse
- Nepotism Policy
- New Position Justification
- Part Time Recruiting and Hiring
- Policy on Affirmative Action Search Waivers
- Reimbursement of Moving Expenses Policy
- Telecommuting Policy
- Tobacco Use Policy
- Volunteer Policy
- Workplace Violence Prevention Policy
- Acceptable Use Policy for Computer Facilities
- Banner Security Policy
- Copyright Guidelines
- Data Communication Network Security Policy
- Farmingdale Information Security Policy
- GDPR Privacy Notice
- Guidelines for the use of Digital Material
- Retiree Email Policy
- Wired or Wireless Network Policy