Training and Computer Resources
Livestream Classrooms on Campus
The College has modified existing Technology Enhanced Classrooms that have been designated for use by courses with an LSC designation. These are "livestream Classrooms on Campus" courses that will be taught on campus during the regularly scheduled days and times, however, not all students will attend each session. Students in this type of course would be assigned to attend the class on designated days to help maintain physical distancing with the remaining students accessing the course remotely through a livestream.
This will be a 15 minute, in-person, on-campus orientation demonstrating the use of the presentation equipment in a TEC modified for Live-Stream and On-Campus (LSC). The faculty member should be familiar with the software for the delivery platform they plan to use (Blackboard Collaborate Ultra or Microsoft Teams) prior to attending this training. Please let our trainer know which delivery platform you'll be using so the orientation can focus on integrating the classroom technology with that software.
Training sessions will occur in Gleeson Hall, Room L108 (Lower Level). Please meet the trainer at the classroom at your scheduled time. The scheduling is tight so punctuality is imperative
Please observe any campus protocols in place at the time of your orientation.
We have implemented an online, self-service calendar to accommodate finding the most convenient appointment. Please go to the following link: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/LSCOrientations@Farmingdale.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/
From here you can select the day and time that works best for you to schedule an appointment in the next few weeks. We will open up additional sessions for future weeks once these fill up.
As a reminder, these are face to face orientations that take place on campus in Gleeson Hall, Room L108 (Lower Level).
Microsoft Bookings allows you to schedule and manage appointments.
Distance Learning (Blackboard Learn)
Blackboard Learn Resources that you will need to teach your classes remotely.
Desire2Learn’s Brightspace was selected by SUNY in fall of 2021 as the LMS of choice, with a system-wide implementation mandate to create a unified student experience throughout SUNY campuses.
Microsoft Teams, also referred to as simply Teams, is a unified communication and collaboration platform that combines persistent workplace chat, video meetings, file storage (including collaboration on files), and application integration.
Please join us for a "Live Virtual Learn" session hosted by Ken Tax from Information Technology.
During the sessions, Ken will help you understand how you can maximize your use of Microsoft Teams in the virtual classroom or for online meetings. He will provide you with innovative tips and tricks for getting the most out of this product and answer any questions that you may have.
- What is Teams?
- How do I install Teams?
- How can I share my screen?
- How to create a meeting
- What are “teams” and “channels”? How are they different? How are they created?
- Attendance lists
- Breakout rooms
- Recordings (how to make, and share)
- Questions and answers
Use Google Meet for video conference meetings and screen sharing with up to 100 participants.
* As of January 9, 2022... our license no longer allows Recordings *
LinkedIn Learning is an enhanced online learning platform available to all faculty, staff and registered students.
To log into LinkedIn Learning, go to https://www.linkedin.com/learning
- Click the "Sign in" button (top right)
- In the "Sign In" window, type your Farmingdale email address in the "Email" box and click Continue
- Next click on "Sign in with the Single Sign-On"
- You will then see Farmingdale's federated login page
- Enter your Farmingdale username and password (you don't have to include @farmingdale.edu)
- You are now logged into LinkedIn Learning
- To Sign out, click on the arrow next to "Me" (top right)
Microsoft Forms, Qualtrics and Google Forms Comparison
Farmingdale State College has three different resources to create forms. Find out which one will best suit your needs.
Download the drivers for the tablet... https://www.xp-pen.com/download-55.html
*Choose your respective Operating System (Windows or Mac)
- Unzip the files onto your computer.
- Once the file is extracted, double click the application file to run.
- The XP-Pen dialogue box will pop up.
- You will check of the bottom left, I have read and agree to the software license agreement.
- You will click Install.
- Once you are in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra and you start your session. When you select share whiteboard, plug in the tablet.
- You are set to use the tablet.
Faculty & Staff
Faculty & Staff
Check back for future Training Sessions.
|For Training Session information, see link on left under Microsoft Teams|