Keys to Transfer Student Success
Stay on Track
- Advisement is essential for your success at Farmingdale. Stay on track and graduate on time by keeping in contact with your academic advisor each semester and checking degree works.
- Visit the Registrar webpage frequently to stay on top of important dates and deadlines for registering for courses each semester.
- Pay attention to email notifications. Take advantage of opportunities that will help you develop personally and professionally.
Learn About Financing Your Education
- Does your company offer tuition reimbursement?
- Have you ever researched scholarships? The U.S. Department of Labor, for example, has a Scholarship Search tool.
- The Office of Financial Aid provides comprehensive information about all aspects of financing your education, including scholarships.
- The Farmingdale College Foundation, through the generosity of alumni, donors and friends, provides scholarships to incoming transfer students.
- It's a good idea to write "your story" and keep it on file. Take your time, make it comprehensive and thoughtful. Have someone read and review it with you. Many scholarships require some form of personal statement. "Your Story" will come in handy as a reference.
Know Where To Go For Help
- The Tutoring Center provides free services to students to help them stay on top of their academics. These services include walk-in tutoring (no appointments necessary) for select courses. Sessions are conducted in an individual or group setting, depending on demand. Tutors are available for many business, computer programming, science, and technology courses taught at the College.
- Online tutoring is available in select courses through NetTutor and RamTutor.
- Our Nexus Center has excellent counselors that will help with your job search or help you create a resume that stands out from other applicants. Schedule an appointment with one of their counselors now.
- College life can be stressful at times. Campus Mental Health Services provides a wide range of professional counseling services to all students. These services are free. Every effort is made to arrange meeting times that will fit with a student's academics schedule.
- The Disability Services Center is designed to meet the unique educational needs of currently enrolled students with documented permanent/ temporary disabilities or disabling medical conditions.
- The Office of Veterans Services will help the applicant navigate the admissions, registration and financial aid process.
Create a Healthy Balance
- Visit the Health and Wellness Center and take advantage of Acupuncture, Chiropractic and Massage therapies. These services are free to students.
- Campus Recreation Fitness and Group Exercise classes are 100% FREE to join and include Yoga, Abs & Core Bootcamp, Cardio Kickboxing, and flexibility workouts taught by a wide variety of certified instructors.
Connect with the Campus Community
- You are not alone. Nearly half of our students are transfers just like you. Don't just go to class and leave, create opportunities to interact with your classmates.
- Visit RamCentral and get involved! With over 70 clubs and organizations on campus, there is something for every student!