RamTutor Online Tutoring
- RamTutor offers free appointment-based, individual online (remote) tutoring sessions with tutors from the Tutoring Center.
- Please carefully read all of the information listed below prior to scheduling your RamTutor session.
Please see below for the appointment policy.
- All appointments are created using the Bookings scheduling system. Any appointment requests sent via e-mail will not be accepted.
- Appointments should be booked at least 24 hours in advance and may be scheduled up to 3 weeks (21 days) in advance.
- Tutoring sessions are generally capped at 60 minutes (1 hour). Tutors reserve the right to end or extend sessions at their discretion.
- Students may only receive tutoring in courses for which they are enrolled at FSC for
the current semester.
- Students are only permitted one (1) tutoring appointment per course per day. (Lab/Theory are counted as one course).
- Back-to-back (double) appointments for the same course will not be accepted.
- Students who need to cancel or reschedule an appointment should do so at least 12 hours prior to their session by contacting the Tutoring Center staff during normal business hours at 934-420-2066 or e-mailing TutoringCenter@farmingdale.edu.
- Students who fail to arrive within the first 15 minutes of their appointment without
notifying the staff will have their session cancelled and be marked as a “No-show”.
- Students who are marked as a "No-show" will forfeit their appointment.
- After two "No-show" incidents, students will receive a warning notice. Any subsequent no-shows will result in the student being prohibited from scheduling any additional appointments for the remainder of the semester.
- RamTutor sessions are conducted remotely using Google Meet.
- Tutors will e-mail students a link to join their online tutoring room prior to the tutoring session.
- Google Meet offers audio/video capabilities and screen sharing.
Similar to on-campus tutoring, students are expected to come to their sessions prepared with specific questions/concepts in which further clarification is needed. Tutors are not teachers and are not responsible for teaching students course content. Students should attend a tutoring session after first seeking assistance from their course instructor. Tutors reserve the right to end a session early if the student is not adequately prepared, or if they are blatantly disregarding either the College's Academic Integrity Policy, Student Code of Conduct, or the Tutoring Center's Student Tutoring Agreement.
In accordance with the College's Academic Integrity Policy, the Tutoring Center strictly prohibits those who utilize its services from engaging in any form of academic dishonesty. As a result, tutors are not permitted to complete any type of assignment for a student, directly provide them with answers to an assignment, or assist them with a graded assignment (such as homework, projects, take-home exam, etc.) unless the Center staff has received written consent from the course instructor. Failure to comply with this policy could result in the course instructor/academic department being notified, a loss of tutoring services, or in extreme cases, a referral to the Office of the Dean of Students for disciplinary action.
Fall 2022 RamTutor Online Tutoring schedule
RamTutor will be back starting the week of September 6! Please see the schedule below to book a remote appointment!
Please be advised: the tutors listed on this schedule are only available remotely. They are not available to tutor during the days/times listed below on campus.
|Chemistry||CHM 270, 271, & 380||Saturday||10:00am to 2:00pm||Mike F.||Book a remote session with Mike||CHM|
|Chemistry||CHM 270, 271, & 380||Sunday||10:00am to 1:00pm||Mike F.||Book a remote session with Mike||CHM|
|Dental Hygiene||DEN 105||Tuesday||7:00pm to 9:00pm||Michelle S.||Book a remote appointment with Michelle||DEN|
|Dental Hygiene||DEN 105||Thursday||4:30pm to 6:30pm||Michelle S.||Book a remote appointment with Michelle||DEN|
|Nursing||NUR 100, 114, 215, 217, 302, 306, 307, 311, & 401||Monday* & Wednesday*||3:30pm to 5:30pm||Rosie M.||Book a remote appointment with Rosie||NUR|
|Nursing||NUR 100, 114, 215, 217, 302, 306, 307, 311, & 401||Monday* & Wednesday*||3:30pm to 5:30pm||Rosie M.||Book a remote group session with Rosie||NUR|
*Additional days/times may be available for Rosie. Please contact the Tutoring Center for more information.
Still could use some help? Send us an Email and we will get back to you shortly.
Office Hours | Fall 2022
|Monday||9:00am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am - 5:30pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 5:30pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 5:30pm|
|Friday||10:00am - 2:00pm|
Effective Tuesday, September 6 through Friday, December 16.
Please view the Tutoring Schedule for specific tutor availability and to book an appointment.