RamTutor Online Tutoring
- RamTutor offers free appointment-based, individual online (remote) tutoring sessions with tutors from the Tutoring Center.
- Please carefully read all of the information listed below prior to scheduling your RamTutor session.
- Appointments must be booked at least 24 hours in advance and may be made up to 3 weeks (21 days) in advance.
- Only appointments scheduled through the Bookings system will be accepted. Appointment requests sent via e-mail will not be honored.
- Tutoring sessions are generally capped at 60 minutes (1 hour).
- Students are only permitted one (1) tutoring appointment per course per day. (Lab/Theory are counted as one course). Back-to-back (double booked) appointments will not be accepted.
- Students who need to cancel or reschedule an appointment should do so at least 24 hours prior to their session. This can be accomplished by clicking "Change your appointment" in your e-mail from Bookings, or by contacting the Tutoring Center staff during normal business hours at TutoringCenter@farmingdale.edu or 934-420-2066.
- Students who fail to show up within the first 15 minutes of their appointment without first notifying the staff of their lateness will have their session cancelled and will be marked as a “No Show”.
- Students who fail to attend their tutoring session will be marked as a "No Show". After two "No Show" incidents, students will not be permitted to schedule any future tutoring appointments for the semester.
- RamTutor sessions are conducted remotely using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
- Tutors will e-mail students a link to join their private online tutoring room.
- BlackBoard Collaborate Ultra offers an interactive white board, audio/video capabilities, and screen sharing.
- Please inform your tutor of your learning preference at the start of the session.
- A brief tutorial, Blackboard Collaborate Ultra for Students, is available for students who have not previously used Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
Similar to on-campus tutoring, students are expected to come to their sessions prepared with specific questions/concepts in which further clarification is needed. Tutors are not teachers and are not responsible for teaching students course content. Students should attend a tutoring session after first seeking assistance from their course instructor. Tutors reserve the right to end a session early if the student is not adequately prepared, or if they are blatantly disregarding either the College's Academic Integrity Policy, Student Code of Conduct, or the Tutoring Center's Student Tutoring Agreement. Failure to comply with Tutoring Center policies could result in the course instructor/academic department being notified, a loss of tutoring services, or in extreme cases, a referral to the Office of the Dean of Students for disciplinary action.
All online tutoring sessions are recorded and archived. The Tutoring Center reserves the right to monitor online tutoring sessions for quality control, policy compliance, and tutor training purposes. Students who would like a copy of their completed tutoring session should contact their tutor for further information.
In accordance with the College's Academic Integrity Policy, the Tutoring Center strictly prohibits those who utilize its services from engaging in any form of academic dishonesty. As a result, tutors are not permitted to complete any type of assignment for a student, directly provide them with answers to an assignment, or assist them with a graded assignment (such as homework, projects, take-home exam, etc.) unless the Center staff has received written consent from the course instructor. Failure to comply with this policy could result in the course instructor/academic department being notified, a loss of tutoring services, or in extreme cases, a referral to the Office of the Dean of Students for disciplinary action.
RamTutor Online Tutoring Schedule - Summer 2022
RamTutor has now ended for the Spring semester. The Summer tutoring schedule and appointments will be available in early June.
Still could use some help? Send us an Email and we will get back to you shortly.
Finals Week Hours | Spring 2022
|Monday (5/16 & 5/23)||9:00 am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday (5/17)||9:00 am - 5:30 pm|
|Wednesday (5/18)||9:00 am - 5:30 pm|
|Thursday (5/19)||9:00 am - 5:30 pm|
|Friday (5/20)||10:00 am - 2:00pm|
Hours are subject to change. The last day of tutoring for the semester will be Monday,
Please view the Tutoring Schedule for specific tutor availability and to book an appointment.