On-Campus Saliva COVID Testing:
The Health and Wellness Center is offering free testing every Monday through Friday in the SBDC Conference Center. Please see hours of operation below.
SBDC Conference Center hours:
- Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Friday 6:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Students can also access the registration link themselves to register.
If you can not make it to the on-campus pooled testing, you are required to obtain a test and submit the results to the HWC through the COVID 19 test results link.
If you are unable to schedule your own test off-campus, you can contact Enzo Clinical Laboratory. Testing will be conducted at 10 Executive Boulevard in Farmingdale. Test results take approximately 48-72 hours.
Prior to arriving at Enzo Clinical Laboratory for a test, you must complete the following:
- Preregister your demographic data and insurance information by accessing the following QR code on your mobile device
- After completing the registration process, call the Health and Wellness Center at 934-420-2009 in order for our staff to send a prescription for your test to the laboratory along with emailing you a copy to bring to the lab on the day of your test
- Next, you will need to call Enzo Clinical Labs in order to schedule an appointment. They can be reached at 800-550-3033
- You will need to bring your driver's license along with your insurance card to Enzo Clinical labs at the time of your test.
Once results are finalized, the Health and Wellness Center will contact you in order to provide you with your result.
The Health and Wellness Center is here for YOU! We are here to provide Farmingdale State College students with a wide variety of health services. A student with a current Farmingdale ID and the necessary immunization and health information are eligible to obtain these services.
- Entrance physical exams
- Women's health services (Gynecological exams)
- Immunizations- MMR, tetanus, meningitis, influenza
- Athletic physical exams and EKGs
- Medical clinics
- Laboratory services- including STD/STI testing
- Prescription and over-the-counter medications
- Alcohol and other addiction counseling
- Smoking cessation counseling
- referrals for students with food insecurities (see below)
Farmingdale State College is no longer offering a school-sponsored insurance plan for the 2020-2021 Academic year.
Visit nystateofhealth.ny.gov for information on New York State offered insurance plans.
Assistance for Students With Hunger Issues
If you are having a hard time affording food, please contact Jamie Hawkins. Ms. Hawkins may be able to assist you in obtaining services in the community. You may also be eligible for SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) You can apply online at Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP). Health and Welfare Counsel of Long Island is available to help you complete the application.
Assistance for Student Wanting to Quit Tobacco Use
Farmingdale State College is committed to providing a healthy, comfortable, and safe environment for its students, faculty, staff, and visitors. Please visit the Tobacco Use Policy to find out more information on new policies. YOU CAN QUIT.
Important Registration Requirement
In order to quickly meet with your academic advisor and to register for classes, you must first provide the Health and Wellness Center with proof of receiving 2 MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) immunizations. You must also provide us with proof of a meningitis immunization within the last five (5) years, or sign a meningitis response form (Meningitis Response and Information Form). Please be advised that resident students must have the meningitis immunization.
You can obtain proof of these immunizations in several ways:
- Your pediatrician or healthcare provider
- A former high school or college
- Veterans can get proof through the VA
If for some reason you cannot get a copy, contact your healthcare provider or make an appointment at the Health and Wellness Center. Blood work, called titers, will be drawn in order to determine immunity.
We accept your immunizations on our own immunization form (Immunization Form), your healthcare provider's form or on a school's form. Please make sure all documents are legible, signed and stamped by the healthcare provider, include your name and date of birth and RAM number (if known).
Resident students will not receive keys to their dorm and athletes will not be allowed to practice until a complete Health Record is submitted.
You can find additional forms in the Forms section. Also check the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for more information regarding MMRs and how to submit paperwork.
Health & Wellness Center Events
|Welcome Back - To the Red Zone!||8/30/22||10:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Campus Center, Table 4|
|International Overdose Awareness Day Tabling||8/31/22||10:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Campus Center, Table 4|
|NYC Poison Control Tabling||9/1/22||10:30 AM - 12:30 PM||Campus Center, Table 6|
|The Red Zone: Drug-Facilitated Sexual Assault and Community Prevention||9/14/22||11:00 AM - 12:00 PM||Quintyne Hall, 100|
|Project Safety Net Tabling||9/14/22||10:00 AM - 3:30 PM||Campus Center, Table 4|