The Farmingdale College Foundation, through the generosity of alumni, donors and friends, provides scholarships to incoming freshman and transfer students. Scholarships are based on many factors including financial need, academic merit, donor preferences and academic majors. Scholarships are awarded annually to eligible students for qualified educational expenses including tuition, fees and housing. Students who are already receiving full scholarship/grant funding for room, board, and tuition are not eligible. The Farmingdale College Foundation proudly awards over 300 scholarships totaling over $725,000.
Accepted students interested in being considered for a scholarship can do so by submitting the scholarship survey found on the Accepted Student Portal. Submission of this survey and completion of a FAFSA Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required for consideration. All scholarship recipients must remain in good academic standing with Farmingdale State College.
Scholarship recipients will be notified by mail and required to accept their award by published deadlines. For additional information, please contact Babette Lasky, Manager of Scholarships and Donor Stewardship.
- iCARE BankUnited Paid Internships & Scholarships for Juniors Summer 2024
- Keen Research Fellowship in Bioscience
- Student Government Association Scholarships
- Urban Horticulture Scholarships
- Study Abroad Scholarships
- Financial Aid and Scholarship Searches
- Honors Program at Farmingdale State College
- Excelsior Scholarship Program
- NYS Memorial Scholarship for Families of Deceased Firefighters, Volunteer Firefighters, Police Officers, Peace Officers and Emergency Medical Service Workers
- NYS Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) Incentive Program
- Senator Jose Peralta NYS DREAM Act
- The DREAM.US Scholarship
Continuing Students: Department specific scholarships are available for continuing students in the following majors:
- Aeronautical Science: Professional Pilot
- Applied Mathematics
- Architecture Engineering
- Aviation Administration
- Business Management
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Computer Systems
- Construction Management Engineering
- Dental Hygiene
- Electrical Engineering
- General Horticulture
- Horticulture Technology Management
- Landscape Development
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Security Systems
- Visual Communications
Contact your department Chair to inquire about consideration for any available scholarships. You may also contact the Nexus Center for Applied Learning to learn about more scholarships which include internship opportunities.
Visit our Scholarship Program page to learn more about how you can establish your own scholarship fund or invest in one of Farmingdale's many scholarship funds.
The Nader-Wolverton Student Emergency Fund assists students nearing graduation, who, for unforeseen circumstances, are unable to continue their studies due to financial hardship. Hardships may include but are not limited to, tuition assistance, food insecurity, transportation solutions, child care and emergency housing. Contact Babette Lasky for more information and application.
To be eligible to apply, you must be a matriculated current student who has experienced an unanticipated emergency resulting in a short term financial hardship. Applicants must be in good academic standing at the time of submission and have applied for all eligible financial aid, i.e. FAFSA, TAP, Dream, Excelsior and Part-Time Aid. Money received will be used to offset college related expenses and is directly deposited to student accounts or in the form of a meal plan or in some circumstances, reimbursement.