Keys to Transfer Student Success
Stay on track
- Advisement is essential for your success at Farmingdale. Stay on track and graduate on time by keeping in contact with your academic advisor each semester and checking degree works.
- Visit the registrar webpage frequently to stay on top of important dates and deadlines for registering for courses each semester.
- Pay attention to email notifications. Take advantage of opportunities that will help you develop personally and professionally.
Learn about financing your education
- Does your company offer tuition reimbursement?
- Have you ever researched scholarships? The U.S. Department of Labor, for example, has a Scholarship Search tool
- The Office of Financial Aid provides comprehensive information about all aspects of financing your education, including scholarships. Visit them at Financial Aid Office
- It's a good idea to write "your story" and keep in on file. Take your time, make it comprehensive and thoughtful. Have someone read and review it with you. Many scholarships require some form of personal statement. "Your Story" will come in handy as a reference.
Know where to go for help
- The Tutoring Center provides free services to students to help them stay on top of their academics. These services include walk-in tutoring (no appointments necessary) for select courses. Sessions are conducted in an individual or group setting, depending on demand. Tutors are available for many business, computer programming, science, and technology courses taught at the College.
- Online tutoring is available in select courses through NetTutor and RamTutor.
- Need help with finding employment, an internship, or creating a resume?
Our Nexus Center has excellent counselors that will help with your job search or help you create a resume that stands out from other applicants. Schedule an appointment with one of their counselors by calling them at 934-420-2296 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- College life can be stressful at times. Campus Mental Health Services provides a wide range of professional counseling services to all students. These services are free. Every effort is made to arrange meeting times that will fit with a student's academics schedule. For more information please call 934-420-2006 or email email@example.com
Create a healthy balance
- Visit the Health and Wellness Center and take advantage of Acupuncture, Chiropractic and Massage therapies. These services are free to students.
- Campus Recreation offers Fitness and Group Exercise classes that are 100% FREE to join and include Yoga, Zumba, Pilates, Abs & Core workouts, cardio workouts, upper body strength workouts and flexibility workouts taught by a wide variety of certified instructors. It's a great way to stay active, healthy and reduce stress.
Connect with the Campus Community
- You are not alone. Nearly half of our students are transfers just like you. Don't just go to class and leave, create opportunities to interact with your classmates.
- Get involved! With over 70 clubs and organizations on campus, there is something for every student! For more information please visit https://farmingdale.campuslabs.com/engage/organizations
Still could use some help? Email us and we will get back to you shortly.