Email FAQs - Students, Faculty & Staff
NEW STUDENTS... First Time Logging In:
- Get your student email address and temporary password by logging into the RAM Portal.
The format of the temporary password is: Rammmddyy#### (mmddyy is your 6 digit birthdate and #### is the last 4 digits of your RAM ID#).
- When logging into myFSC or any student system for the first time with your student
email address and temporary password, you will be prompted to change the password.
See password requirements below.
- Once you change your password, you now need to setup SSPR (Self Service Password Reset).
Self Service Password Reset
SSPR will enable your mobile device to receive the verification code that is needed when resetting your password from this point forward. For more information and screen shots, please visit the SSPR webpage.
ALL OTHER STUDENTS:
To receive the verification code for password resets, you need to setup the Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) utility. This will enable your mobile device to receive the verification code that is needed when resetting your password. New students who have not setup their password yet, need to do that first before setting up SSPR. For more information, please visit the SSPR webpage.
- Minimum of 8 characters
- Passwords cannot contain parts of your username, first or last name greater than two characters
- Must contain characters from 3 of the following 4 categories:
- Uppercase letter (A-Z)
- Lowercase letter (a-z)
- Number (0-9)
- Special character (!, $, #, %, etc.)
- Cannot be a password you used before
- Passwords can only be changed once a day
- Passwords expire every 120 days
To access your Farmingdale student email:
* From any web browser type: http://gmail.farmingdale.edu
* Or log into myFSC and choose Email on the left navigation bar.
Student usernames are typically the first 4 letters of your last name, first initial, middle initial and possibly followed by a random number.
If you do not know your username:
- Log into OASIS (https://oasis.farmingdale.edu)
- Under "Personal Information", click on "View E-mail Addresses"
If you don’t know your RAM ID#, you can find it in OASIS. Follow the steps below.
- Log into OASIS: https://oasis.farmingdale.edu
- Click on the Student Records tab
- Click on the View Student Information tab.
- Select the term to be viewed and the Ram ID will be displayed in the top right-hand corner
- Enter your RAM ID and leave the PIN field blank.
- Click "Forgot PIN" on the bottom.
- You will be presented with a security question which you setup already and after successfully answering it you will be prompted to change your PIN.
- Your Full Name
- Your RAM ID#
- Your 6 digit birthdate (mmddyy)
To receive the verification code for password resets, you need to setup the Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) utility