Email FAQs - Students, Faculty & Staff
- Get your student email address and temporary password by logging into the RAM Portal.
The format of the temporary password is: Rammmddyy#### (mmddyy is your 6 digit birthdate and #### is the last 4 digits of your RAM ID#).
- When logging into myFSC or any student system for the first time with your student
email address and temporary password, you will be prompted to change the password.
See password requirements below.
- Once you change your password, you now need to setup SSPR (Self Service Password Reset).
Self Service Password Reset
SSPR will enable your mobile device to receive the verification code that is needed when resetting your password from this point forward. For more information and screen shots, please visit the SSPR webpage.
- Minimum of 8 characters
- Passwords cannot contain parts of your username, first or last name greater than two characters
- Must contain characters from 3 of the following 4 categories:
- Uppercase letter (A-Z)
- Lowercase letter (a-z)
- Number (0-9)
- Special character (!, $, #, %, etc.)
- Cannot be a password you used before
- Passwords can only be changed once a day
- Passwords expire every 120 days
* From any web browser type: http://gmail.farmingdale.edu
* Or log into myFSC and choose Email on the left navigation bar.
Student usernames are typically the first 4 letters of your last name, first initial, middle initial and possibly followed by a random number.
If you do not know your username:
- Log into OASIS (https://oasis.farmingdale.edu)
- Under "Personal Information", click on "View E-mail Addresses"
The myFSC Dashboard is located in the top right-hand side of the Farmingdale State College website. This dashboard is curated for Students, Faculty and Staff and has the latest information about what is going on around campus. It also provides direct access to many important resources, including Email, Blackboard, OASIS, DegreeWorks, etc. These resources are located on the left navigation menu, once you are logged into myFSC.
To receive the verification code for password resets, you need to setup the Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) utility
Farmingdale State College offers free and private email accounts exclusively for our Retirees. Stay connected with former co-workers and friends when you request an Office 365 email account, which is accessible via the web. Visit the Retiree Email Account.