Email FAQs - Students, Faculty & Staff
To receive the verification code for password resets, you need to setup the Self Service Password Reset (SSPR) utility. This will enable your mobile device to receive the verification code that is needed when resettting your password. New students who have not setup their password yet, need to do that first before setting up SSPR.
- Passwords expire every 120 days
- Minimum password length is 8 characters
- Passwords cannot contain your username, first or last name
- Passwords must contain at least 1 upper case letter
- Passwords must contain at least 1 lower case letter
- Passwords must contain at least 1 number or special character
- Old passwords cannot be reused
Student usernames are typically the first 4 letters of your last name, first initial, middle initial and possibly followed by a random number.
If you do not know your username:
- Log into OASIS (https://oasis.farmingdale.edu)
- Under "Personal Information", click on "View E-mail Addresses"
If you don’t know your RAM ID#, you can find it in OASIS. Follow the steps below.
- Log into OASIS: https://oasis.farmingdale.edu
- Click on the Student Records tab
- Click on the View Student Information tab.
- Select the term to be viewed and the Ram ID will be displayed in the top right-hand corner
- Enter your RAM ID and leave the PIN field blank.
- Click "Forgot PIN" on the bottom.
- You will be presented with a security question which you setup already and after successfully answering it you will be prompted to change your PIN.
- Your Full Name
- Your RAM ID#
- Your 6 digit birthdate (mmddyy)