FSC_Secure - For Windows, Macs, iOS and Android devices
- FSC_Secure is the preferred method as it provides a high level of security.
- When connecting to FSC_Secure, you will have to enter your Farmingdale username/password in the WPA2-Enterprise prompt.
- When your password expires, you will need to update your device with the new password.
- For Android (phone/tablet) and iOS (iPhone/iPad) settings, follow the steps in the FSC_Secure handout.
FSC_WiFi - For Gaming, Smart or similar wifi capable devices
- When connecting to FSC_WiFi, you will be prompted with a login page... https://www.farmingdale.edu/wifi
- Enter your Farmingdale username/password. After accepting the terms of the FSC Acceptable Use Policy, click Log in.
- After a successful login, you will have access for 120 days. Each subsequent connection will not be prompted to login until the 120 days expire (enough for a whole semester).
- For Guest Users, click on the link for 24 hour guest access (requires a text message to be a phone number).
- For Gaming or Streaming devices, manually add your device here.
- Enter your Farmingdale username/password and click Log In.
- Click "Create" and enter your Device Name, MAC Address and then click Create Device. Your device is now registered on the wireless.
Difference Between FSC_Secure and FSC_WiFi
FSC_Secure is the preferred method as it provides a high level of security and, in most cases is easier. It is for any devices that can authenticate via WPA2-Enterprise. This would include Windows, Macs, iOS, Android and other devices. It is more secure as it individually encrypts each session.
* You will have to re-connect to the wireless every 120 days or when you change your password.
Open WiFi network (no network level encryption). It requires associating your MAC address to a username. That username/MAC association is then stored for 120 days.
For those that use FSC_WiFi, their client will still end-to-end encrypt data that should be via HTTPS or other encryption method if the service provider has configured it for such. FSC_WiFi is all encompassing and is for those that cannot or do not want to connect to FSC_Secure.
* You will have to re-connect to the wireless every 120 days.
If you are still having difficulty registering on the wireless, email email@example.com the below information:
- Error message you're getting
- Full Name
- Ram ID#
- Farmingdale Username
- Make and model of the device
- MAC address of the device