The Tutoring Center is offering individual face-to-face tutoring sessions on an appointment basis for courses in which students are currently taking at the College. Appointments should be made at least 24 hours in advance using our Bookings system (see schedule below for link). Depending on tutor availability, walk-ins may be accommodated, but cannot be guaranteed.
Please carefully read all of the information listed below prior to scheduling your tutoring session.
For the Spring 2022 semester, the Tutoring Center will be operating on an appointment basis. Please see below for the appointment policy.
- Appointments should be booked at least 24 hours in advance and may be made up to 3 weeks (21 days) in advance.
- Only appointments scheduled through the Bookings system will be accepted. Appointment requests sent via e-mail will not be honored.
- Depending on tutor availability, walk-ins (book at the door) may be accommodated, but cannot be guaranteed. Walk-in appointments may not be for the full duration of a typical tutoring session depending on the tutor's availability.
- Tutoring sessions are generally capped at 60 minutes (1 hour).
- Students are only permitted to schedule appointments for courses in which they are currently taking at the College.
- Students are only permitted one (1) tutoring appointment per course per day. (Lab/Theory are counted as one course). Back-to-back (double booked) appointments will not be accepted.
- Students who need to cancel or reschedule an appointment should do so at least 24 hours prior to their session. This can be accomplished by clicking "Change your appointment" in your e-mail from Bookings, or by contacting the Tutoring Center staff during normal business hours at TutoringCenter@farmingdale.edu or 934-420-2066.
- Students who fail to show up within the first 15 minutes of their appointment without first notifying the staff of their lateness will have their session cancelled and will be marked as a “No Show”.
- Students who fail to attend their tutoring session will be marked as a "No Show". After two "No Show" incidents, students will receive a warning notice and may not be permitted to schedule any future tutoring appointments for the semester.
- Select on-campus tutors are available to assist students who are remote upon request via Blackboard Collaborate or Google Meet.
- Students who would like a remote session should select "Remote" as the answer to the "Would you like an on-campus or remote session?" question.
- Students who request a remote session will have their request reviewed by the staff and if the request can be accommodated, the appointment will be updated to reflect a remote session in the Bookings scheduling system. Students will then receive a confirmation e-mail from the tutor with a link to their online room prior to the session.
- Last minute requests for a remote appointment may not be accommodated (such as requesting a remote session the day of the appointment).
- RamTutors are only available remotely and are not able to tutor on campus.
Small Group Requests
- Small group tutoring sessions are available upon request for select tutors. The current capacity is a maximum of 4 students per group.
- Students who would like a small group session should select "Small group session" as the answer to the "Would you like an individual or small group session?" question.
- The tutor will then e-mail the student who initially booked the appointment a link to a Google Form, which must then be completed by the remaining group members. The additional students will then be manually booked by the Tutoring Center staff for that same time slot.
Students will be required to complete a brief Registration Form and Student Tutoring Agreement once per semester. This document will be completed upon check-in at the Front Desk, or with your tutor.
- Masks are strongly encouraged, but not required, for tutoring sessions.
- Social distancing will not be required between tutors and students during a tutoring session. However, tutors may choose to implement social distancing during tutoring sessions at their discretion.
- Students and tutors will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer before and after tutoring sessions, especially if any items will be shared.
Spring 2022 Finals Week Tutoring Schedule (revised 5-19-22)
This schedule is subject to change at any time. Please check back for the latest updates. Tutoring will be available through Monday, May 23.
Please note: In order to access our scheduling system and book an appointment, you must sign in using your FSC e-mail address. Our system requires 24 hours' notice to book an appointment. If you are looking for a walk-in appointment, please contact our front desk staff during our business hours by calling 934-420-2066 to determine if there are any available openings.
|Biology||BIO 120, 125, 130, 131, 192, 212, 240, 343, 345, 348, & 441||Monday||9:00am to 4:30pm||Meg M.||Schedule a tutoring session with Meg||BIO|
|Biology (A&P)||BIO 123, 166, 170, & 171||Monday||9:00am to 4:30pm||Andy C.||Schedule a tutoring session with Andy||BIO|
|Biology (A&P)||BIO 123, 166, 170, & 171||Monday||2:00pm to 4:00pm||Adriana S.||Schedule a tutoring session with Adriana||BIO|
|Biology||BIO 192||Monday||2:30pm to 3:30pm||Samantha N.||Schedule a tutoring session with Samantha||BIO|
|Business||BUS 101, 102, 240, 272, 273, 300, 307, & 404||Monday||10:00am to 4:30pm||Marty C.||Schedule a tutoring session with Marty||BUS|
|Business||BUS 101, 102, 240, 272, 273, 300, 307, & 404||Friday||10:00am to 2:00pm||Marty C.||Schedule a tutoring session with Marty||BUS|
|Chemistry||CHM 124, 152, & 260||Friday||10:00am to 2:00pm||Elyssa T.||Schedule a tutoring session with Elyssa||CHM|
|Chemistry||CHM 153||Monday||2:30pm to 2:30pm||Samantha N.||Schedule a tutoring session with Samantha||CHM|
|Chemistry||CHM 270, 271, & 380||
Saturday (remote only)
|10:00am to 2:00pm||Mike F.||Visit RamTutor page||CHM|
|Chemistry||CHM 270, 271, & 380||
Sunday (remote only)
|10:00am to 1:00pm||Mike F.||Visit RamTutor page||CHM|
|Computer Science||CSC 111 & 211||Monday||12:00pm to 4:00pm||Ray O.||Schedule a tutoring session with Ray||CSC|
|Computer Science||CSC 111 & 211||Friday||10:00am to 2:00pm||Ray O.||Schedule a tutoring session with Ray||CSC|
|Computer Security Tech.||CPS 201, 203, 305, & 401||Monday||9:00am to 1:00pm||Christina J.||Schedule a tutoring session with Christina||CPS|
|Computer Systems||BCS 120 & 215||Monday||9:00am to 1:00pm||Christina J.||Schedule a tutoring session with Christina||BCS|
|Computer Systems||BCS 120, 230, 345, 370, 421, & 426||Friday||10:00am to 2:00pm||Ray O.||Schedule a tutoring session with Ray||BCS|
|Computer Systems||BCS 301 & 350||Friday||10:00am to 2:00pm||Miguel H.||Schedule a tutoring session with Miguel||BCS|
|Economics||ECO 110, 156, 157, & 321||Monday||10:00am to 4:30pm||Marty C.||Schedule a tutoring session with Marty||ECO|
|Economics||ECO 110, 156, 157, & 321||Friday||10:00am to 2:00pm||Marty C.||Schedule a tutoring session with Marty||ECO|
|Electrical Eng. Tech.||EET 111, 113, & 118||Friday||12:00pm to 2:00pm||Oscar B.||Schedule a tutoring session with Oscar||EET|
|French||FRE 101 & 102||Monday||11:30am to 1:30pm||Clémence A.||Schedule a tutoring session with Clémence||FRE|
|French||FRE 101 & 102||Monday||2:30pm to 4:30pm||Clémence A.||Schedule a tutoring session with Clémence||FRE|
|Mathematics||MTH 110, 116, 117, 129, 130 & other MTH courses||Visit Math Center page||Visit Math Center page||Math Center||Visit Math Center page||MTH|
|Medical Lab. Sci.||MLS 330 & 340||Friday||10:00am to 2:00pm||Miguel H.||Schedule a tutoring session with Miguel||MLS|
|Nursing||NUR 100, 114, 215, 216, 217, & 302||Friday||10:00am to 1:00pm||Shannon O.||Schedule a tutoring session with Shannon||NUR|
|Spanish||SPA 141 & 142||Friday||10:00am to 2:00pm||Sebastian R.||Schedule a tutoring session with Sebastian||SPA|
|Writing||Writing||Visit Writing Center page||Visit Writing Center page||Writing Center||Visit Writing Center page||Writing|
Still could use some help? Looking to be added to an appointment waitlist? Send us an Email and we will get back to you shortly.
Finals Week Hours | Spring 2022
|Monday (5/16 & 5/23)||9:00 am - 4:30pm|
|Tuesday (5/17)||9:00 am - 5:30 pm|
|Wednesday (5/18)||9:00 am - 5:30 pm|
|Thursday (5/19)||9:00 am - 5:30 pm|
|Friday (5/20)||10:00 am - 2:00pm|
Hours are subject to change. The last day of tutoring for the semester will be Monday,
Please view the Tutoring Schedule for specific tutor availability and to book an appointment.