Update on Services:
Summer Hours 2020
The Writing Center is offering "online tutoring services" to the FSC student body for Summer Session A only.
Beginning Tuesday, May 26 until Friday, July 3, students will be able to schedule appointments with a tutor, upload their paper, and have a live telephone discussion with a tutor to review the paper.
Summer Session A hours of operation are:
Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Scheduling an Appointment
Please provide us with a specific date & time you would like your online session. A Writing Center staff member will contact you to confirm your appointment.
Online Tutoring Process
* Students should email the Writing Center at email@example.com to schedule
* Students should provide a specific day and time along with a phone number for the teleconference.
* The student will then receive an appointment confirmation as well as an email address to send the paper via GOOGLE DOCS.
* The student should have the professor's guidelines available for the session, and send the directions as well if possible.
* A Writing Center tutor will call the student to review the paper at the scheduled appointment time.
* Note: This is NOT a "drop off editing service." The student must have the paper with them to review during the discussion and is expected to make all necessary and discussed changes.
The Writing Center is a support service open to the Farmingdale State College community. We work with students through the entire writing process in any subject area, while addressing students’ needs in a friendly, supportive atmosphere. Professional writing specialists guide students through the writing process and provide writing assistance from conception to completion of any course paper.
Students must come to The Writing Center with a copy of their assignment and any materials associated with the assignment. Students must also have completed any necessary reading and must be prepared to brainstorm. Additionally, tutors will not write papers for students nor are students allowed to drop off and leave their papers for proofreading.
Students will find assistance with any part of the writing process. Some areas include:
- Overcoming Writers Block/Pre-writing
- Organizing & Structuring Ideas
- Revising, Editing & Proofreading
- Grammar & Punctuation
- Documentation/Avoiding Plagiarism
- Implementing Research Ideas