Fall 2020 Services
The Writing Center will operate remotely for the fall 2020 semester beginning Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
Although our tutoring format has changed, our services have not changed!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information or with any questions.
Scheduling a Workshop (Faculty & Staff)
Class workshops and class visits will be available online only for fall 2020. Please check back; updates & details will be posted shortly.
Scheduling an Appointment (Students)
Please email email@example.com and provide us with the following information:
*Name & RAM ID
* Specific date, day, and time you would like the appointment. NOTE: Appointments made less than 24-hours in advance are NOT guaranteed. We also do not guarantee same-day or "walk-in" appointments.
* Phone number you can be reached at for your appointment.
* Course number and name of the course for the specific paper.
Your appointment is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email from a staff member at the Writing Center.
Directions for Online Tutoring:
* Please email the Writing Center at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an
appointment, and provide the requested information as mentioned above.
* In addition to an automated response, you will receive an appointment confirmation and an email address to send the paper. The paper must be uploaded via GOOGLE DOCS. Please do NOT send any of your work to the email@example.com address.
* Please have the professor's guidelines available for the session, and send the directions to the tutor via GOOGLE DOCS if possible.
* At your scheduled appointment time, the Writing Center tutor will call the number you provided to review your paper. If your paper is a revision, please make sure you make all necessary changes BEFORE your session. If you have questions regarding your instructor's comments, please contact your instructor before your tutoring session.
* This is NOT a "drop off editing service." You must have the paper with you to review during the discussion, and you are expected to make all necessary and discussed changes.
The Writing Center is a support service open to the Farmingdale State College community. We work with students through the entire writing process in any subject area, while addressing students’ needs in a friendly, supportive atmosphere. Professional writing specialists guide students through the writing process and provide writing assistance from conception to completion of any course paper.
Students must come to The Writing Center with a copy of their assignment and any materials associated with the assignment. Students must also have completed any necessary reading and must be prepared to brainstorm. Additionally, tutors will not write papers for students nor are students allowed to drop off and leave their papers for proofreading.
Students will find assistance with any part of the writing process. Some areas include:
- Overcoming Writers Block/Pre-writing
- Organizing & Structuring Ideas
- Revising, Editing & Proofreading
- Grammar & Punctuation
- Documentation/Avoiding Plagiarism
- Implementing Research Ideas
Hours | Fall 2020
|Monday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 5:00pm|