Academic Advisement is essential for your success at Farmingdale. We want you to take full advantage of the wide range of courses and academic programs - as well as the support services - available at the College. We also want you to stay on track and graduate on time. So, before you select and register for courses, contact and meet with your assigned academic adviser.
Important DatesSpring 2021:
- Last Days for Registration Activities: January 27 (Wednesday) & January 28 (Thursday)
- Last Day for Schedule Changes: February 4 (Thursday)
Schedule an Appointment to Speak with an Academic Advisor
Use this Advisement Tool to ensure that the AAIC advises you, based upon your major and number of credits.
Before booking an appointment:
- Check Your Major: To see whether or not you can be advised by the AAIC (and if not, who you should schedule an appointment with), use this Advisement Tool. If you schedule an appointment and we do not advise your major, your appointment will be cancelled. NOTE: 'Incoming student' means a student who has not taken any courses yet at FSC; Continuing students are currently in a degree program at FSC.
- Transfer Students: Check the Incoming Student box below for details about needing your transfer credits in first.
- Non-matriculated students: Check the Non-Matriculated Student box below for details.
Here is important information you can access directly without needing an appointment:
- To review your schedule: Use the FSC home page to log in to "myFSC" using your FSC email and on the left-side pane you will see the link for OASIS. Once in OASIS, click Registration/Schedule week by week - if you do not see the schedule, click "next week" (on the right side of the page) until you are viewing the week of class begin.
- To review the different types of instruction and what they mean: You will find the descriptions here.
- Parking: For the Fall semester, in anticipation of fewer people being on campus, parking will not be enforced. Commuter students do not need parking stickers, and they will not be issued.
- Financial Aid: For questions concerning financial aid, please contact the financial aid office directly at 934-420-2578.
Continuing Student Appointments
Incoming Student Appointments
Incoming First-Year Students
Book Your Appointment HERE
Incoming Transfer Students:
Please note that we cannot advise and register you for courses UNTIL:
- Your deposit has been paid to Student Accounts
- Your transcripts from previous institutions have been evaluated by Farmingdale and transfer credits have been awarded to count toward your Farmingdale degree.
Please check on OASIS to determine if your transfer credit evaluation has been completed before scheduling an appointment with us. If your transfer evaluation is not completed 10 business days after your deposit, contact the Transfer Service Office at 934-420-5446 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once completed, proceed to book your appointment HERE.
Liberal Arts and Sciences (LAS) Incoming Transfer Students:
- Schedule your appointment with LAS Department
NOTE: DO NOT SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT UNTIL YOU ARE OFFICIALLY ACCEPTED BY THE COLLEGE. If you do so, your appointment will be cancelled.
Non-matriculated Student Appointments
The AAIC does not currently advise the following majors. You will need to speak with the specific academic department to be advised:
- Automotive Technology
- Aeronautical Science - Professional Pilot
- Business Analytics
- Dental Hygiene
- Geographic Information Systems
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Nutrition Science & Wellness
- Urban Horticulture & Design
- Visual Communications
There are no upcoming AAIC events at this time.
Academic Advisement & Information Center
Director of the AAIC
Hours | Fall 2020
|Monday||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 6:00pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 4:30pm|