THEDREAM.US Scholarship is the nation’s largest scholarship program for undocumented immigrant youth. Founded in 2013, it has provided college scholarships to over 7,500 immigrant youth. In 2021, THEDREAM.US partnered with Farmingdale State College to provide its undocumented students’ the opportunity to attend college. This partnership is consistent with Farmingdale State College’s long-standing commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
THEDREAM.US has two types of Scholarships. One for high school or GED graduates and another one for community college graduates.
You are eligible to apply if you:
- Are undocumented and came to the United States before November 1, 2017, and have continuously lived in the United States since then or have DACA or TPS;
- Came to the United States before the age of 16 (if you were born in the U.S. – you are not eligible for our scholarship);
- Have significant unmet financial need;
- Have graduated or will graduate from a United States high school (or have earned or will earn a high school equivalency diploma) before the Fall of 2023;
- Graduated or will graduate with a high school GPA of 2.5 or better on a 4.0 scale or have a cumulative college GPA of 2.5 or better;
- Intend to enroll full-time in an associate or bachelor’s degree program at Farmingdale State College in the Fall of 2023 or Spring of 2024; and
- Are eligible for in-state tuition at Farmingdale State College.
For a full list of the eligibility criteria, visit THEDREAM.US website.
How it Works
Students who are interested in attending Farmingdale State College can apply for THEDREAM.US scholarship to help pay for their tuition and fees.
To apply, students should go to THEDREAM.US website.
What You Should Know
Deadline to apply is February 28, 2023
The National Scholarship Award will cover your tuition and fees up to a maximum of $16,500 for an associate’s degree and $33,000 for a bachelor’s degree. Please note, Farmingdale Scholars are also eligible for an additional stipend of up to $6,000 (or $1,500 per year) for books, supplies and transportation.
The award is renewable each year-you simply have to meet the continuing eligibility criteria and renew your scholarship during the summer.
Application step by step guidelines can be found in the 2023-24 Application Guide.
View the press release announcing partnership with THEDREAM.US.
Scholarships for Dreamers
- You may also be eligible to apply for the NYS Dream Act. The NYS Dream Act also known as the Senator Peralta Act. For more information visit the Senator José Peralta New York State DREAM Act.
- MALDEF has a list of other Scholarships. View their Scholarship Resource Guide.
- The Road to College - A College Guide for New York Immigrant Students.
Farmingdale State College