Withdrawal Procedures

Courses that are dropped during the first week of classes will not appear on a student’s transcript.

  • During the first week of classes students will receive 100% refund for courses that are dropped and for schedules that are canceled.
  • During the second week of classes students will be entitled to a 70% refund.
  • During the 3rd week they are entitled to a 50% refund and during the 4th week they are entitled to receive a 30% refund.
  • After the 4th week of classes students are fully liable for all tuition and fees.

The withdrawal process begins on the second week of classes. Starting the second week of classes students who initiate a withdrawal, course or semester withdrawal will receive a “W” for that course on their transcript. The financial liability will be determined by the refund schedule in effect at the time the withdrawal is processed.

Withdrawal from a Course

A matriculated student who wishes to withdraw from a course should seek the counsel of the curriculum chair.

Students wishing to withdraw from a course must obtain a withdrawal form from the Registrar’s Office, complete it, obtain the instructor’s signature with verification date of last attendance, sign the form, and return it to the Registrar’s Office for processing. Students who withdraw to enter military service and wish to receive credit for course work or a tuition refund must submit a written request, together with a copy of their orders, to the Registrar’s Office. A grade of “W” will be given to any student who officially withdraws from a course from the beginning of the second week through the end of the ninth week of classes. Withdrawal after the ninth week of classes is permitted only under extenuating circumstances at the discretion of the instructor.

NOTE: Students receiving financial aid for a financial aid period that includes a shortened session, such as a summer session or Intersession, who drop or withdraw from a class/classes in a session and are not currently attending any classes may be
required to submit a “Statement of Intent to Return” to maintain their aid for that period. Please consult with the Office of Financial Aid.