Collage of images including a female student working on a laptop, a set of hands using a computer tablet, and distance learning icons overlaying them.

Student Resources

FSC is committed to providing our distance learning community with the resources to facilitate success. We offer a wide array of services that can be accessed from anywhere, to support you through your distance learning experience. 

To access your courses on Brightspace, refer to this tutorial for step by step instructions

Withdrawal Process from Online Class

You are registered at Farmingdale State and, therefore, you will follow the College's policies, including its academic calendar, withdrawal dates, refund policies, etc. If you are interested in withdrawing from your Open SUNY courses, you should notify your instructor and contact the Farmingdale State Registrar's Office (934-420-2776).

Information about the College's Academic Policies can be found in the College Catalog.

Reference the College's Academic Calendar for important dates and deadlines.

Students Residing Outside New York State and taking Distance Learning Courses at Farmingdale State College 

Federal regulations require institutions delivering courses by distance learning to provide students or prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with the state approval or licensing entity in the student’s state of residency and any other relevant state official or agency that would appropriately handle a student's complaint.

New York State Education: Filing a Complaint About a College or University

For all types of complaints concerning colleges and universities in New York State, the first course of action must be to try to resolve the complaint directly with the administration of the college or university involved. If you are still unable to get a resolution or you are having trouble with your course and/or distance learning experience, please contact the Distance Learning Helpdesk at Our team of instructional designers will be able to help you get in touch with College contacts who can help you. 

The NYSED Filing a Complaint About a College or University site  External linkwill provide information on where and how to file a complaint. Please do not send a complaint to the Office of College and University Evaluation until you have read all of the information. This will assure that you are sending your complaint to the appropriate agency/office.

The Office of Distance Learning is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM: 934-420-5300 or email

For additional help you can also contact Open SUNY Helpdesk: available Monday through Friday from 7 AM to 12 AM; Saturdays from 10 AM to 5 PM; Sundays 1 PM to 9 PM: 1-844-673-6786 (1-844-OPENSUNY) or email 

Last Modified 2/16/23