Business Management Advisement
The Business Management academic advisement team is committed to helping you, the student, achieve your academic goals, enhance your educational experience, and prepare for your future professional endeavors. We want you to have access to all the necessary tools to successfully meet all of your graduation requirements. However, it is your responsibility as the student to ensure that these requirements have been met. You can access your degree audit by logging onto DegreeWorks.
Schedule An Appointment
Business Management students should schedule an advisement appointment once every semester (in October for Spring and Summer registration and in April for fall and winter registration).
Business Management majors who have more than 30 college credits are advised by our department. If you have less than 30 credits, you will contact the AAIC for advisement.
To Schedule An Appointment, Please Click On One of The 3 Links Below!
Click below if you have 0-29 credits.
Click below if you are a returning student with 30 credits or above.
Also click below if you are a Business Analytics Major.
Click below if you are a newly accepted incoming transfer student with 30+ credits.
Business Management Advising Checklist
Before your advising appointment, please make sure you have done the following:
- Send final official transcripts from all previously attended colleges to FSC transfer services (including college courses taken in High School).
- Send official High School transcripts to Admissions for Math and Foreign Language placement.
- Send official College Board transcripts for AP scores (if applicable)
- Review your DegreeWorks audit and bring a printed copy with you to your appointment.
Farmingdale State College students are invited to enhance their studies with an “Academic Minor.” A minor is a cluster of thematically related courses drawn from one or more departments. In addition to department based minors (e.g. computer programming & info systems), interdisciplinary minors are also available (e.g. legal studies).
Change Your Major
In order to change your major to Business Management, follow the steps below:
- Have established a minimum of a 2.7 GPA at FSC
- Fill out a change of curriculum form
- Meet with the Chair of the Business Management Department for approval
- Meet with a Business Management academic advisor for mandatory advising