Dear ILR Members and Friends,
We were hoping to be welcoming you to our Fall 2020 program even if it was an abbreviated version. Unfortunately, the College is offering mainly online classes for the Fall. Therefore, we are not able to offer our program on campus for this semester. We have heard from many members that they are as interested in returning to campus as we are. We are optimistic that programs will resume in Spring 2021. In the meantime, should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the ILR office via phone or email. We will keep you updated on our progress. Stay healthy and we look forward to welcoming you back in the Spring.
At the Institute for Learning in Retirement, our aim is to develop opportunities for sharing knowledge and skills with others.
- An opportunity to enjoy active learning while meeting wonderful new people of similar age and with varied interests.
- No long-term commitments; study groups meet for two hours once a week during the day, for either four or eight weeks.
- A lecture series – sixteen lectures per year – presented by experts with various backgrounds.
- Assorted extras: Attendance at College cultural events, special events, tours, workshops, and an annual breakfast and luncheon.
Annual membership cost is $60 per person (non-refundable) September 1 to August 31. Spring membership is only $45 (non-refundable) March 1 to August 31. ILR brochures are mailed twice yearly: January (spring program) and July (fall program).
A yearly student parking permit ($11) must be purchased from the ILR in order to park on campus.
- Eligibility to enroll in ILR classes
- Friday Lecture Series
- Receiving advance mailings for all ILR-sponsored events
- Opportunity to hold ILR office
*Please note that membership is REQUIRED for class registration and for all other ILR activities.
Institute for Learning in Retirement Advisory Council
- Mary Barry, Council Co-Chairperson
- Linda Lupario, Curriculum Co-Chairperson
- Abraham Bloomstone, Finance Co-Chairperson
- Harvey Cohen, Finance Co-Chairperson
- Pearl Doctor, Membership Co-Chairperson
- Roberta Furman, Membership Co-Chairperson
- Ruth Catanese, Member-at-Large
- Barbara Greenberg, Member-at-Large