At the Institute for Learning in Retirement, our aim is to develop opportunities for sharing knowledge and skills with others.
- An opportunity to enjoy active learning while meeting wonderful new people of similar age and with varied interests.
- No long-term commitments; study groups meet for two hours once a week during the day, for either four or eight weeks.
- A lecture series – sixteen lectures per year – presented by experts with various backgrounds.
- Assorted extras: Attendance at College cultural events, special events, tours, workshops, and an annual breakfast and luncheon.
Annual membership cost is $60 per person (non-refundable) September 1 to August 31. Spring membership is only $45 (non-refundable) March 1 to August 31. ILR brochures are mailed twice yearly: January (spring program) and July (fall program).
A yearly student parking permit ($11) must be purchased from the ILR in order to park on campus.
- Eligibility to enroll in ILR classes
- Friday Lecture Series
- Receiving advance mailings for all ILR-sponsored events
- Opportunity to hold ILR office
*Please note that membership is REQUIRED for class registration and for all other ILR activities.
Institute for Learning in Retirement Advisory Council
- Mary Barry, Council Co-Chairperson
- Linda Lupario, Curriculum Co-Chairperson
- Abraham Bloomstone, Finance Co-Chairperson
- Harvey Cohen, Finance Co-Chairperson
- Pearl Doctor, Membership Co-Chairperson
- Roberta Furman, Membership Co-Chairperson
- Ruth Catanese, Member-at-Large
- Barbara Greenberg, Member-at-Large