Virtual Desktop Infrastructure for Students (VDI)
Student VDIs have been setup so students can access their course software from home. They are called "Student-Desktop", "Student-Specialized" and "Student-Visual Studio".
Below is a list of software on each of the VDIs.
The Student-Specialized desktop is reserved for students that need access to the software listed on that VDI.
All other students should use the Student-Desktop and Student-Visual Studio VDIs.
Please remember to log off the VDI when not in use.
|"Student - Desktop" Software||"Student - Specialized" Software||Student - Visual Studio|
|ArcGIS & ArcGIS Pro
AutoDesk (AutoCAD, Inventor, Architect, Revit)
Follow the steps below on how to install and use the VDI:
To install the VMware Horizon Client, click on one of the links below depending upon your operating system.
- You will then be prompted to Agree & Install. Once, installed, click Finish.
- You will then see the restart your system for the configuration changes made to VMware Horizon Client to take effect.
- Once restarted, you will see a VMware Horizon Client shortcut on your desktop.
- To run the client, double click on the shortcut.
- You will see Add Server.
- After clicking on Add Server, you will need to enter the name of the server… view.farmingdale.edu
- You will be prompted to enter your Farmingdale username and password.
- Choose the Student – Desktop or Student – Specialized.
- You will then log into the VDI with your student credentials.
- You will then see the Windows desktop.
- When you are done, shut down like you would shut down your PC.
- To log off the server, click on the plug icon in the top left had corner of the window.