VDI for Staff and Faculty
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
To install the VMware Horizon Client, click on one of the links below depending upon
your operating system.
- You will then be prompted to Agree & Install. Once, installed, click Finish.
- You will then see the restart your system for the configuration changes made to VMware
Horizon Client to take effect.
- Once restarted, you will see a VMware Horizon Client shortcut on your desktop.
- To run the client, double click on the shortcut.
- You will see Add Server.
- After clicking on Add Server, you will need to enter the name of the server… view.farmingdale.edu
- You will be prompted to enter your Farmingdale username and password.
- Choose the Staff Desktop.
- You will then see the Windows desktop.
- When you are done, shut down like you would shut down your PC.
- To log off the server, click on the plug icon in the top left had corner of the window.