Microsoft Office 365
Farmingdale State College registered students and active faculty and staff have access to Microsoft Office 365.
Office 365 is a web-based subscription service that gives you anywhere-access to MS Office tools and applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneDrive.
What can I do with it?
- Work from anywhere using your PC, Mac or mobile device
- Collaborate on project documents – with OneDrive, file sharing is fast and simple and users can access files from almost anywhere
- Host online conference meetings with real-time note taking, screen sharing and HD
- Access, edit and share Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents from your mobile device using Office 365 Apps
- All current registered students and faculty/staff have an Office 365 account. NOTE: Office 365 accounts expire after graduation or college transfer for students and retirement or departure for faculty/staff
- You may register up to 5 devices for local personal use of the Office 365’s suite of applications
- Office 365 is easy to set up and receives automatic updates
- Office 365 has built-in anti-malware protection a virus checking for your cloud file's protection
- Files can be saved online in OneDrive
- With OneDrive, you can store and access files from anywhere, and set permissions so that you can control who accesses and edits what
- Round-the-clock IT-level web and phone support is available from Microsoft
- Guaranteed 99.9% uptime
Accessing your Office 365 account
If you are a current student or faculty/staff member, logging into your account is really easy:
- Navigate to the Office 365 login page by typing https://www.farmingdale.edu/office365 in the address bar on your web browser.
- On the Office 365 sign in page, type in your Farmingdale email address. This will forward you to the Farmingdale State College sign in page.
- Select Work or school account.
- Enter your credentials and click Sign in.
Using Office 365 Products:
Office 365 provides you a number of ways to access the MS Office applications. Office can be installed on your computer, opened through your web browser, or accessed from your mobile device.
Note: Office products that can be opened through the web is limited to OneNote, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneDrive.
Install Office on your computer
- If you would like to install office on your desktop, sign in to Office 365 and click Install Office
- The next page will provide the installer file and directions. Follow the directions on the page to install Office.
Install Office on your mobile device
- To install Office on your phone or tablet, sign into Office 365 and choose Install Office.
- Choose… Other install options.
- On the left hand side, click on My installs.
- Under Get Office on your phone or tablet, choose iOS, Android or Windows.
- This will then open a window that displays instructions for your particular device. Follow the instructions to complete the setup.
- You should now be able to access your account from your mobile device. When prompted, enter in your credentials.
- If you already have the Apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneDrive) installed on your device, just sign in with your Farmingdale email and you will be re-directed to the Farmingdale sign in page.
Use Office from the Web
- To use the Office applications from the web on your device, sign in to Office 365 at https://www.farmingdale.edu/office365 and choose any of the Office product tiles from the Office 365 home page.
- Clicking on one of the Apps will load that application in your browser.
For additional assistance with Microsoft Office 365 or login help, contact the IT Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or 934-420-2754.