Laptop Loan Program
The Campus has a limited number of laptops and will only be loaned out to currently enrolled students with demonstrated financial
need. These are on a first come, first serve basis.
For students needing access to programs that are not able to be installed on their personal device, you may utilize the campus Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). Directions on using and installing the VMWare Horizon Application can be found at the following webpage. https://www.farmingdale.edu/information-technology/vdi.shtml
Once your request has been submitted, it will be evaluated, and you will hear back within 1 week of acceptance or denial with further instructions via email.
- The laptop will be loaned to the student for the current or upcoming Semester.
- The laptop must be returned at the conclusion of the semester or a request for an extension between semesters may be granted.
- Laptops are available on a first come, first serve basis and are only granted to those showing financial need.
- Students must complete this online agreement request form to obtain a device.
- Laptops will be tracked by the University and will be registered to a student by their RAMID.
- Laptops that are not returned in accordance with this agreement will be subject to a fine of $850.
- Any damage or misuse of the laptops (as determined by FSC) will result in a bill for the replacement of the device.
- If the Student leaves the College or is no longer registered at the College for any reason before the end of the semester, the laptop and accessories must be returned to the College immediately.
- Student must be a currently enrolled student with an active class schedule.
- The laptop is the property of the college, is subject to inspection at any time and should be used solely for FSC Educational purposes.
- Failure to abide by these terms may result in future ineligibility for this service.
- Software cannot be copied to or from the laptop which is not authorized by the College, and any deliberate attempts to make modifications to the device including software, hardware and system settings are prohibited. Users do not have Administrator rights to the computer.
- Students no longer have administrator access and all software and/or configuration changes will be handled by FSC.
- Use of the Laptop should abide by FSC IT Policy which is available at https://www.farmingdale.edu/information-technology/policies.shtml
- Use of the Laptop should abide by the Student Code of Conduct/Student Handbook https://www.farmingdale.edu/dean/policies.shtml
- Do not alter, remove, or otherwise cover the serial number and asset tag.
- Students shall not loan out the laptop to any other person, including family members.
- Students are responsible for the general care of the laptop and accessories.
- All damage, loss or theft of the laptop and its accessories shall be the responsibility of the Student.
- All damage, loss or theft of laptop and accessories must be reported to the College within 1 business day.
- Do not attempt to remove or change the physical structure of the device, such as the keys or casing.
Data Storage & Privacy
- All files should be saved and backed up to an external device or a university approved network drive such as OneDrive or Google Drive.
- There shall be no expectation of privacy of materials found on the laptop.
Acknowledgement of this policy indicates that you have received and agree to the lending conditions for the designated loan period.