Winter 2023 and Spring 2023 applications are now open.
A visiting, or non-matriculated student, is someone who has not been admitted into a degree program at FSC but is taking one or more courses at the College.
You should consider becoming a non-matriculated student if you want to:
- Earn college credits to transfer back to your home institution.
- Take courses required for admission into a specific program.
- Boost your GPA to become qualified for admission to FSC.
These are just some of the reasons why students attend FSC as visiting, non-matriculated students.
Note: Non-matriculated students are not eligible for financial aid and are unable to register for the following classes:
- EGL 101 - Composition I: College Writing
- MTH 110 - Statistics
- MTH 116 - College Algebra
- MTH 129 - Precalculus
Non-Matriculated (Non-Degree) Application Checklist
Please Note: If you are currently taking classes or have taken courses within the last 12 months, DO NOT COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION. Visit the Registrar for more information.
Check Course Availability - Before completing the Non-Matriculated application, check to see if the course(s) you wish to register for is being offered and if there are still seats available. Check here! External link
Complete the Undergraduate Non-Matriculated Application External link Pay Application Fee - Your Non-Matriculated Application will be processed once the $50.00 application fee has been paid. You can pay the application fee here External link. The application takes 7-10 business days to process.
Register for Courses - On your FSC RAM Portal External link you will be able to register for courses and submit your immunization records. If a prerequisite is needed to register for a course, you can upload a copy of your unofficial college transcript(s) using the registration form.
Undergraduate Non-Matriculated Application
In order to apply as a non-matriculated student, please complete the Undergraduate Non-Matriculated Application .
- While social security numbers are not required, providing this information on your application will allow you to register the same day the application is submitted.
- If you haven't taken classes at Farmingdale for 1 academic year (5 years for graduates) we require that you complete the application and pay the application fee. Please note, that your application will NOT be processed until you pay the application fee.
- Applications will be processed in 7-10 business days. You will receive an email once it is completed. You will need to submit your immunization records before registering for classes for Fall and Spring semesters only.
- If the class(es) you are looking to register for require a prerequisite that was not taken at Farmingdale, please provide the Registrar's Office with a copy of your transcript satisfying the prerequisite in order to register. You can upload an unofficial copy on the registration form that you will receive after your application is processed or in person.
Continuing Non-Matriculated Students
Continuing Non-Matriculated students who need advisement should schedule an appointment with the Academic Advisement and Information Center (AAIC). Please select Non-matriculated Student Advisement to schedule an appointment with Navdip Hans.
If you are pursuing your degree at another SUNY school and wish to also take a course at Farmingdale State College, you should apply for cross-registration. For details on eligibility and access to the SUNY online cross-registration application, please review the Cross-Registration Agreement.
Graduate Non-Matriculated Students
If you have graduated with a Bachelor's Degree and wish to take graduate courses in Technology Management as a Non-Matriculated student, please complete the Graduate Non-Matriculated Application .
- Please note that your application will NOT be processed until your application fee is received.
- Applicants will receive an email with the directions on the next steps towards registration in 7-10 business days.
The following micocredentials are available to Non-Matriculated Students.
- Advanced Speaking and Writing
- Developmental Science: Child Emphasis
- Financial Mathematics
- Sustainable Horticulture
- Wind Energy Technology
Discover all of the microcredentials offered by Farmingdale State College.
- If you are pursuing your degree at another SUNY school and wish to also take a course at Farmingdale State College you should apply for cross-registration. For details on eligibility and access to the SUNY online cross registration application please review the The Cross Registration Agreement.
Non-Matriculated (Non-Degree) Student Handbook
- Please also take the time to read through the Non-Matriculated (Non-Degree) Student Handbook.
- Please expect all communications via email.