Spring 2021 Services
The Writing Center will operate remotely for the spring 2021 semester beginning Monday, February 1, 2021 until Friday, May 14, 2021.
Although our tutoring format has changed, our services have not changed!
Please contact email@example.com for further information or with any questions.
The Writing Center is a support service open to the Farmingdale State College community. We work with students through the entire writing process in any subject area, while addressing students’ needs in a friendly, supportive atmosphere. Professional writing specialists guide students through the writing process and provide writing assistance from conception to completion of any course paper.
To register for a workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday, March 16 @ 11:00 -- Dissecting Assignments & Getting Started
- Tuesday, March 23 @ 11:00 -- Outlining & Organizing
- Tuesday, March 30 @ 11:00 -- Incorporating Evidence
- Tuesday, April 6 @ 11:00 -- APA & MLA Documentation
Scheduling a Workshop (Faculty & Staff)
Virtual class workshops and class visits are available for spring 2021. Please email email@example.com to schedule your visit or workshop!
Scheduling an Appointment (Students)
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with the following information:
- Name & RAM ID
- Specific date, day, and time you would like the appointment.
- Phone number you can be reached at for your appointment.
- Course number and name of the course for the specific paper.
NOTE: Appointments made less than 24-hours in advance are NOT guaranteed. We also do not guarantee same-day or "walk-in" appointments.
Your appointment is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email from a staff member at the Writing Center.
Directions for Remote Tutoring
Please email the Writing Center at email@example.com to schedule an appointment and provide the requested information as mentioned above. Please be sure to follow the guidelines below.
- Have the professor's guidelines available for the session.
- At your scheduled appointment time, the Writing Center tutor will call the number you provided to review your paper.
- If your paper is a revision, please make sure you make all necessary changes BEFORE your session. If you have questions regarding your instructor's comments, please contact your instructor directly before your tutoring session.
Note: The Writing Center does not edit papers. All students must be present to review the paper with the tutor. Please do NOT send any of your work to the firstname.lastname@example.org address.
Students must come to The Writing Center with a copy of their assignment and any materials associated with the assignment. Students must also have completed any necessary reading and must be prepared to brainstorm. Additionally, tutors will not write papers for students nor are students allowed to drop off and leave their papers for proofreading. Students are expected to make all suggested and necessary changes. Additionally, students are expected to make any changes from the instructor prior to the tutoring session.
Students will find assistance with any part of the writing process. Some areas include:
- Overcoming Writers Block/Pre-writing
- Organizing & Structuring Ideas
- Revising, Editing & Proofreading
- Grammar & Punctuation
- Documentation/Avoiding Plagiarism
- Implementing Research Ideas
Hours | Spring 2021
|Monday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Thursday||9:00am - 5:00pm|
|Friday||9:00am - 3:00pm|