Winter 2022 Services
The Writing Center will offer remote tutoring and workshops for winter 2022 (intersession). Please email email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
Winter 2022 hours of operation run from Tuesday, January 4 until Thursday, January 20.
All sessions (remote) are by appointment only. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment or for further information.
Students and staff are required to wear masks during tutoring sessions. Please visit the COVID Hub for information regarding the College's policies on masks and social distancing. https://www.farmingdale.edu/hub/
The Writing Center is a support service open to the Farmingdale State College community. We work with students through the entire writing process in any subject area, while addressing students’ needs in a friendly, supportive atmosphere. Professional writing specialists guide students through the writing process and provide writing assistance from conception to completion of any course paper.
Winter 2022 Remote Workshops
- Monday, January 10 @ 10:00 AM: Getting started
- Tuesday, January 11 @ 10:00 AM: Evidence & analysis
- Wednesday, January 12 @ 10:00 AM: Revising & editing
- Thursday, January 13 @ 10:00 AM: Documentation & avoiding plagiarism
- Monday, January 17 @ 10:00 AM: Getting started!
- Tuesday, January 18 @ 10:00 AM: Evidence & analysis
- Wednesday, January 19 @ 10:00 AM: Revising & editing
- Thursday, January 20 @ 10:00 AM: Documentation & avoiding plagiarism
Scheduling a Workshop (Faculty & Staff)
Virtual class workshops and class visits are available for fall, winter, spring, and summer semesters. Please email to schedule your visit or workshop!
Scheduling an Appointment (Students)
Please email and provide us with the following information:
- Name & RAM ID
- Specific date, day, and time you would like the appointment.
- Remote or in-person preference.
- Phone number you can be reached at for your appointment.
- Course number and name of the course for the specific paper.
NOTE: Appointments made less than 24-hours in advance are NOT guaranteed.
Students must come to The Writing Center with a copy of their assignment and any materials associated with the assignment. Students must also have completed any necessary reading and must be prepared to brainstorm. Additionally, tutors will not write papers for students nor are students allowed to drop off and leave their papers for proofreading. Students are expected to make all suggested and necessary changes. Additionally, students are expected to make any changes from the instructor prior to the tutoring session.
Note: The Writing Center does not edit papers. All students must be present to review the paper with the tutor. Please do NOT send any of your work to the address.
Students will find assistance with any part of the writing process. Some areas include:
- Overcoming Writers Block/Pre-writing
- Organizing & Structuring Ideas
- Revising, Editing & Proofreading
- Grammar & Punctuation
- Documentation/Avoiding Plagiarism
- Implementing Research Ideas