Non-Traditional Student Orientation
To register and pay for Orientation 2023, please visit your RAM Portal. Payment can easily be made online via credit card. Remember to complete payment immediately after registration to confirm your access! If you do not complete payment, access to the online orientation portal will be unavailable.
Non-Traditional/Transfer students must complete a remote orientation program, designed to fit their unique experiences and needs. To register for the Online Orientation program, please use the following payment link to secure access. After completing payment, please allow 1-2 business days for your registration to process. Though not required, if a student wishes to attend an in-person program to supplement their online experience, they may do by selecting either of the below dates during the registration process:
- July 18, 2023
- August 1, 2023
Note, if you are an incoming residential student you must register for the in-person program on August 25, 2023. Once registration is complete, you can access the program here. As always, be sure to check the FSC website for the latest updates and information!
Farmingdale State College's Online Orientation Program is designed to service all members of its student body, including individuals transferring from other institutions or embarking on a non-traditional collegiate career. Participants can expect to receive multiple dosages of evidence-informed training, enjoy dynamic media content, and engage with interactive activities to become acclimated to the advantages of a FSC student experience.
By completing the program, you will:
- Strengthen your connection to the greater FSC community by touring the campus virtually
- Develop a deeper understanding of how things work at FSC (e.g., Distance Learning tools, Campus Email, Course Registration, etc.)
- Find and apply for scholarship awards; Learn more about some policies and procedures designed to keep you safe and well-informed
- Discover FSC services, departments, and resources, including Campus Mental Health Services, Student Activities, and The Tutoring Center, in addition to much more
Please allow a minimum of 2 business days after credit card payment in the Accepted Student Portal for your credentials to be recognized/activated by the Online Orientation software program. Upon first-time log-in to the online orientation program, you will be prompted to enter your RAM ID and a personal password, which must initially be typed twice for verification. After initial log-in, you will access the software by entering your credentials in the Returning User area.
Tips & Tricks for Online Orientation
The Online Orientation Program has been tested rigorously to be compatible across desktop and mobile platforms, but these tips may help to enhance your user experience even further. Before beginning the program make sure your browser-of-choice is updated for an optimal viewing experience.
Please note that skipping or buffering during video playback can be the result of many factors, most often relating to internet connection issues. The video provider (Vimeo) is designed to adapt video resolution to the internet connection speed it detects from the viewer. In the case there are still issues, you may click the HD icon in the play bar and select a lower resolution for the video to play back in. This may help to optimize performance better in cases of high-traffic times of day on that internet service provider's system.
Having the video load completely before playback can also help reduce buffering, ensuring a smooth viewing experience:
- Start the video.
- Press pause.
- Wait for the gray bar to fill along the player timeline before continuing.
- If you forget your password, please follow the "Forgot Password" link on the bottom right-hand corner of the main page and follow the instructions.
- If you experience any issues during this online orientation experience, please contact the orientation office. Please allow 24-48 hours for a response.
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding Online Orientation, feel free to contact the FSC Orientation Team at 934-420-2104 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For general inquiries about the transfer process, please reach out to Transfer Services.