Farmingdale State College Orientation
2021 Orientation Notice
To register and pay for Orientation 2021, please visit your RAM Portal. Payment can easily be made online via credit card. Remember to complete payment immediately after registration to confirm your access! If you do not complete payment, access to the online orientation portal will be unavailable.
- Registration for the Non-Traditional/Transfer Student Orientation program is available now!
- Registration for the New Student Orientation program is available now! Several dates
later this summer for our limited capacity, in-person programming are now open:
- August 9, 2021
- August 10, 2021
- August 11, 2021
- August 12, 2021
- August 16, 2021
- August 17, 2021
- August 18, 2021
- August 19, 2021
- August 9, 2021
As SUNY policy and public health guidance continue to evolve, additional capacity for the New Student program may be added as needed. Be sure to check the website as more information becomes available!
Once registration is complete, you can access the online program here. As always, be sure to check the FSC website for the latest updates and information!
Welcome to Farmingdale State College!
Farmingdale State College (FSC) is home to one of the most dynamic, diverse, and vibrant student bodies throughout the SUNY system. In making the important decision to become a part of the FSC community, students take the next step in preparing for success both on and off campus. Orientation is a unique opportunity for individuals to learn more about what to expect from life at FSC, becoming familiar with the campus tools and resources at their disposal and fostering a sense of belonging within the institution. As a result of the ongoing public health crisis, Student Affairs intends to continue offering a robust online program for Summer 2021. As SUNY policy and public health guidance continues to evolve, FSC will work to identify opportunities to incorporate in-person activities to securely provide incoming students with the best experience possible. Indeed, the health and safety of FSC's campus family are always of paramount importance.
Currently, our New Student Orientation will feature several dates of limited-capacity, in-person programming designed to offer opportunities to meet fellow incoming students, familiarize yourself with the campus, and learn what being a part of the FSC family is all about!
Within our online program, students can expect to receive multiple dosages of evidence-informed training and interactive activities to become acclimated to the advantages of a FSC student experience. By completing the program, you will:
- Strengthen your connection to the greater FSC community by touring the campus virtually
- Develop a deeper understanding of how things work at FSC (e.g., Distance Learning tools, Campus Email, Course Registration, etc.)
- Find and apply for scholarship awards; Learn more about some policies and procedures designed to keep you safe and well-informed
- Discover FSC services, departments, and resources, including Campus Mental Health Services, Student Activities, and The Tutoring Center, in addition to much more
Please allow a minimum of 2 business days after credit card payment in the Accepted Student Portal for your credentials to be recognized/activated by the Online Orientation software program. Upon first-time log-in to the online orientation program you will be prompted to enter your RAM ID and a personal password, which must initially be typed twice for verification. After initial log-in, you will access the software by entering your credentials in the Returning User area.
Rest assured, whether in person or online, we are here to prepare you for a successful FSC partnership. Thank you for allowing us to assist you in what we believe will be a promising future! Please continue to monitor the FSC website for updates regarding orientation as new information becomes available regularly.
- Submit your tuition deposit online. Please note: As a transfer student, your transfer credits will not be evaluated until your deposit is received.
- Ensure you've completed all the required health forms included in your acceptance
packet. Note: New and transfer students must submit the following to the Health and
Wellness Center (HWC) before registering for classes (these forms are not necessary
for distance learning students):
- Proof of receiving 2 MMRs (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccinations or proof of immunity to MMR with titers. Titers must be in the form of lab results with numerical values. Meningococcal vaccination within five years or a signed meningitis waiver form (can be signed on OASIS). Resident students are required to have vaccination.
- Students will NOT be able to register until all documentation is cleared by the HWC.
- If necessary, submit your Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) form for need-based federal and college-based grants, work-study and loans.
- Be sure to check your classroom schedule online prior to the first day of classes and throughout the first two weeks of the semester, as room locations can change without you receiving a written notice.
- You must submit a completed application, Health Form, and Advance Room Deposit of $50 payable to Farmingdale State College in order to be considered for student housing.
- Submit your final transcripts and all AP/IB High School credits to the address below:
- Secure Scan - Farmingdale State College
Attn: Admissions Processing
Albany, NY 12204
- Secure Scan - Farmingdale State College
- Verify which textbooks you need for your classes by accessing your OASIS account and then order them online.
- Familiarize yourself with your new FSC email account, as it is the primary means for most campus communication.
- Decide on a meal plan. You can view plan details here.
- Pay your tuition bill, which you will receive after registration.