New York Times Access
New York Times 1980-present via ProquestThe Proquest New York Times interface allows for detailed searching and provides downloadable PDFs of articles back to 1980.
New York Times Historical via Proquest
The Proquest New York Times Historical database provides searchable access to content back to 1851 using Proquest's detailed search interface.
New York Times Academic Pass
All Farmingdale users are eligible for a New York Times Academic Pass. This account is good on all of your devices.
**If your account expires, or you cannot log in to nytimes.com, please re-register as a new first-time user. If this doesn't work, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.**
First time users:
- Go to accessnyt.com
- Search for Farmingdale in the "Find School" box.
- Click "Create Account" and use your farmingdale.edu email address.
- Go directly to nytimes.com and click Log In in the upper right.
The TimesMachine lets you see the full pages of the NYTimes as they appeared, back to 1851. Log in with the account created with the NYTimes Academic Pass (above).
New York Times in Education
All Farmingdale users are eligible for access to this educational content portal, which provides links to curated NYTimes content, including discipline-specific areas of study, classroom discussion prompts, suggested learning outcomes, general instructional strategies to promote student achievement, co-Curricular activities, including events, discussions, and contests.
First time users:
- Go to nytimes.com/edu and click "Register" in the upper right. Create an account using your farmingdale.edu email address.
- Go to nytimes.com/edu and click "Login" in the upper right.
New York Times in Print
Greenley Library receives the New York Times in print, with the most recent 3 months on the shelf in the Periodicals Department.