Bunche Plaza Fountain

Title IX: Reporting Options

Rights as a Reporting Individual

If you have experienced sex or gender-based discrimination, violence, or harassment, you have the right to make a formal complaint and request an investigation. You also have the right to supportive measures whether or not you chose to submit a formal complaint. If you choose to file a formal complaint, you may withdraw it or cease involvement with the process at any time.

You have the right to make a report to University Police or local law enforcement, and/or State Police or choose not to report; to report the incident to FSC; to be protected by the institution from retaliation for reporting an incident; and to receive assistance and resources from the College.

Reports will be investigated in accordance with FSC policy and the reporting individual's identity shall remain private at all times if said reporting individual wishes to maintain privacy. If a reporting individual wishes to keep his/her identity anonymous, he or she may call the Title IX Coordinator anonymously to discuss the situation and available options.

In accordance with the Students' Bill of Rights, reporting individuals shall have the right to pursue more than one of the options below at the same time, or choose not to participate in any of the options below:

To disclose confidentially the incident to one of the the following College officials, who by law may maintain confidentiality and can assist in obtaining additional services:

One of the following College officials can offer privacy and provide information about remedies, accommodations, evidence preservation, and how to obtain resources. These individuals will also provide information contained in the Student Bill of Rights, including the right to choose when and where to report, and to receive assistance and resources from the College.

Be advised, these College officials will disclose that they are private and not confidential resources. They may still be required by law and College policy to inform on or more College officials about the incident - including, but not limited to, the Title IX Coordinator. They will notify reporting individuals that the criminal justice process uses different standard of proof and evidence than internal procedures, and questions about the penal law or criminal process should be directed to law enforcement or a district attorney.

Individual or department contact information

Kathleen Flynn
Title IX Coordinator

Thompson Hall, Room 126

University Police (UPD)

University Police Headquarters
Emergency: 934-420-2111

Digital: UPD Anonymous Crime Reporting Form

When the accused is an employee, a reporting individual may also report the incident to Farmingdale State College's Office of Human Resources or may request that one of the above referenced confidential or private employees assist in reporting to Human Resources. Disciplinary proceedings will be conducted in accordance with applicable collective bargaining agreements. When the accused is an employee of an affiliated entity or vendor of the College, College officials will, at the request of the reporting individual, assist in reporting to the appropriate office of the vendor or affiliate entity and, if the response of the vendor or affiliate entity is not sufficient, assist in obtaining a persona-non-grata letter, subject to legal requirements and College policy.

To file a criminal complaint with University Police and/or local law enforcement and/or state police:

Additional disclosure and assistance options are cataloged by the Office of the Prevention of Domestic Violence and presented in several languages. You may also call 1-800-942-6906, and further assistance can also be obtained through:

Be advised, the above hotlines are for crisis intervention, resources, and referrals, and are not reporting mechanisms, meaning that disclosure on a call to a hotline does not provide any information to the campus. Reporting individuals are encouraged to additionally contact a campus confidential or private resource so that the campus can take appropriate action in these cases

Title IX Grievance Procedure

dean of students

Dewey Hall, Room 118
Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:30pm


Dewey Hall, Room 115
Monday-Friday 9:00am-4:30pm

Last Modified 1/5/24