Educational Opportunity Program
The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) at Farmingdale State College is designed to provide the opportunity of a college education to capable students who are historically disadvantaged due to limited financial resources and inadequate academic preparation. Throughout their years at Farmingdale State College, EOP students are provided ongoing support services and resources to help insure their collegiate success.
The program has a long-standing history of dedicated service toward the mission of guiding, supporting and advocating on behalf of its students with the firm belief that they have the potential to excel within higher education. Once admitted to the college via EOP, students have access to a myriad of services including but not limited to academic, pre-professional and personal counseling; tutoring; workshops; advocacy; and supplemental financial support.
The Educational Opportunity Program is committed to excellence and seeks students who are truly motivated and willing to work hard to achieve their goals. Prospective students must apply for EOP admissions when submitting an application to the College. Applicants must meet both academic and financial guidelines for consideration.
EOP offers services and assistance for students in the program. These services are offered each semester and when necessary over the summer. This includes:
- Students receive EOP grant money, based on eligibility and campus residential status.
- Personal, academic, pre-professional and financial guidance. Counselors also serve as advocates when student’s face a challenge managing campus issues. All counseling sessions is confidential.
- Book and Calculator Loan Program
- Tutoring: Tutorial services are free of charge to all students. Computerized learning assistant programs available for various subjects in EOP Lounge.
- Cram Sessions
Who is Eligible?
- Students who are residents of New York State,
- Students who have a high school diploma or its equivalent,
- Students who DO NOT MEET the regular admissions requirements of Farmingdale State College, but fall within the range of EOP standards and demonstrate academic potential for completing a college program,
- Students who are historically disadvantaged AND meet the economic guidelines of eligibility as established by the Office of Special Programs in Albany
- Students of ALL ETHNIC ORIGINS, if the above requirements are met, and meet the 2021-22
Income Guidelines specified below:
(including head of household)
Total Annual Income 1 $23,606 2 $31,894 3 $40,182 4 $48,470 5 $56,758 6 $65,046 7 $73,334 8 $81,622* * For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $8,288 for each additional person.
- Students who were previously enrolled in an opportunity program such as EOP, HEOP, CD, or SEEK
- Students who maintained a minimum GPA of 2.0 or better at their previous institution
Educational Opportunity Program
Virtual Office Hours beginning February 4, 2021
Monday: 1 pm - 3 pm
Thursday: 11 am - 1 pm
Or dial: +1 650-761-3426 PIN: 519 680 072#
Schedule a Virtual Appointment to meet with someone from the EOP team
Alicia L Cesar
Director of Educational Opportunity Program