Aerial photo of FSC campus

Returning Students

If you've been away from FSC for two semesters, but fewer than five years, it's easy to return to complete your degree.

Complete a new application if you have not attended Farmingdale for more than five years. 

step 1

Print and complete Section I of the Application for Readmission.

Step 2 Find the program that you wish to be readmitted to and start the process of returning to FSC. You can choose your previous program, or you can pick a new one. program. When you click on the major you want to study, the contact information for the department chair will be located at the top of the page.
Step 3 Contact the academic department you are interested in returning to for you Application for Readmission to be reviewed.
Step 4 If your Application for Readmission is approved, bring the completed form to the Registrar's Office on the 2nd Floor of Laffin Hall. Your department will academically advise you and explain the opportunities your degree can be used toward.

Important Information

  • If you were academically suspended or on probation, you will need to have your original department complete the form before changing majors.
  • If you have any holds (business or other) on your Farmingdale account, your Application for Readmission will not be accepted until the holds have been cleared.
  • If you attended another institution, please provide an official copy of your transcript to the Admissions Office.
  • Please refer to the Student Handbook for more details.

Check Your Degree Progress

You can check your degree progress using our DegreeWorks.

To log in, you will need your Farmingdale Email. If you do not remember your password, refer to these instructions. If you do not remember your email address, you will need to call the Helpdesk at 934-420-2754 or send an email to (please provide them with your RAMID, DOB, and/or SS#). Utilizing the What-If Scenario on DegreeWorks, you can see how your existing credits can be used towards a new degree!

Last Modified 7/11/22