Solar Thermal Workshop
The workshop introduces the concept and the necessary background in solar thermal technology. It provides training in design, installation and maintenance of residential Solar Hot Water systems. The workshop is designed for installers new to solar thermal technology. It is a 5-day training course that includes extensive hands-on and real world applications. The selected topics are listed below.
- System components and their functions
- Drainback systems
- Active indirect pressurized glycol antifreeze systems
- Solar thermal collectors
- Solar hot water savings and performance estimates
- Active direct open-loop systems
- System controls, monitoring, testing and troubleshooting
- Site surveying and collector orientation
- Solar pool heating
- Location: Lupton Hall Room T101
- Class limit: 20
- The deadline for payment is one week prior to the selected workshop date.
- Register before deadline: $490
- Register after deadline: $590
- Lunch and textbook are included
- Solar Hot Water Installers
- Home builders
- anyone who is interested in solar thermal installation
*(CEU credits are available for attending this workshop)
There are no upcoming RESC events at this time. Check back soon for upcoming events.