Departmental Printer Purchase and Supplies
Each academic year the Committee on Institutional Technology Strategy (CITS), standardizes on both a B/W and Color Laser printer model that becomes the preferred choices for the campus to use.
On a quarterly basis, Purchasing will solicit quotes through the IT Umbrella Contract process. Each quarter, the new winning vendor information (vendor name and contract reference #) will be posted to the website.
Below are quotes which must be used by departments and attached to a requisition which then can be applied to a purchase order. All equipment is to be shipped to the corresponding School Tech assigned to your specific department or school so it can be configured and inventoried. They will then communicate with the department/individual for installation.
B/W Laser Printer
Color Color Laser, All-in-Ones and Large format printers, fall into the category of "Non-Standard Printers". You will need to contact the School Tech assigned to your specific department or school for purchasing advice and solutions. They will be able to help you determine the best choice suited for your needs. A custom quote needs to be requested and generated by one of the Information Technology staff.
This can be accomplished by filling out the Custom Computer/Printer Hardware Request form.
Toner & Supplies
Toner cartridges can vary significantly in price based on vendors. Please consult
with your assigned School Tech and check prices from the following vendors before
Toner & Supplies for HP LJ M402dne, M426dn, M452dn, M477fdn
ITU RFQ # 2019-06 (Expires 8/17/19)
Contract # PM20860
All other Toner & Supplies:
Account Manager: Jeff Ehalt
Corporate Computer Solutions
Account Manager: Nick Nelson
ProfTech WorkPlace Solutions
SHI International Corp.
- In consultation with the School Tech or IT, select the appropriate Printer.
- Determine and document appropriate account funding the purchase.
- The School Tech, IT or department secretary must purchase printers via a Pcard transaction.
- The School Tech must be involved in the purchasing process and the department must retain evidence of their review and approval for technology purchases.
- The Umbrella contract # must be referenced in the backup documentation.
- The printer will be shipped to the end user.
- Upon receipt contact the School Tech for installation.
- Installation – the School Tech
- Installs the Printer
- Tags and inventories the Printer
* Please note that periodic reviews of purchases may include confirmation of the model purchased, evidence of inventory control tag, and compliance with procurement procedures. Pre-approval is recommended, but not required, for the purchase of standard equipment.