Psychology Related Links & Resources
- American Psychological Association (APA) External link
- Association for Psychological Science (APS) External link
- Psi Chi Website for the National Honor Society in Psychology. Describes membership standards and all of the benefits of membership. Also includes a tremendous amount of information relevant to planning your undergraduate career and graduate education.
- National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) External link This site is the provides a wealth of information for anyone interested in a career in Social Work
- New York State Psychological Association (NYSPA) External link Professional organization for licensed and certified psychologists in the state. Includes information for members of the public and professional resources.
- New York Office of the Professions Licensing Board External link This website goes to the New York State Office of the Professions, to board that licenses
all Psychological professionals. This site has all of the information you need to
understand how to become a licensed practitioner in NY State.
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW) External link The primary professional organization for Social Work professionals. Contains a wealth of information about careers in social work, graduate training in social work, and professional development.
- PSYCHWEB External link Click on this site for scholarly resources and information on careers in psychology.
- Social Psychology Network External link A site specifically for those interested in social psychology.
- Pursuing Graduate School in Psychology External link another site for students seeking graduate study in psychology.
- Psychology@About.com External link student resources and psychology articles.
- Human Factors & Ergonomics Society (HFES) External linkThe primary professional organization for Human Factors professionals.
- Encyclopedia of Psychology External link Encyclopedia of Psychology--links and resources including psychology career information.
- Psychguides External link Psychiatric treatment guidelines for questions facing clinicians
- Exploratorium External link This site offers a terrific range of resources on brain function and anatomy, highlighting individual versus collective memory, the cognitive processes involved in chess, learning strategies, repressed memory, and analogies between human and computer memory.
- Learn Psychology External link: A website full of information about careers in various disciplines of psychology.
- Learn how to become a psychologist External link: Learn what it means to be a psychologist, and the kinds of careers choices available to someone studying Psychology
- psychology.org External link: A great website with information on both careers and graduate education in psychology.
- CareerOneStop External link: A helpful website for those of you trying to figure out what career choice fits you best. It allows you to explore different career paths, locate career resources and helps you narrow down your choices through a series of personalized assessments.
- Information on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) External link Many graduate programs in psychology require that you take the GRE and submit your score along with your application package. This link provides you with general information about test dates/practice tests/cost/scores etc. If you are looking for additional information about the GRE please contact a faculty member in the psychology department.
- View specific information about GRE test preparation External link
- Counselor Education External link: One stop shopping for information on the various sub-specialties in counseling, particularly those that are license-eligible. The site also provides comprehensive information, by state, on the licensing regulations
- Steps to Becoming an Addiction Counselor External link Provides educational information and resources for careers in Addiction Counseling
- Careers in Psychology External link Want to know more about a career in Psychology? Check out these blogs from the American Psychological Association!
- Careers in Human Resources External link Human Resources Path provides educational information and resources on human resources careers
Job/Internship Search Websites
- Job Comet External link
- Psi Chi Job Center External link
- Career Builder External link
- Glassdoor External link
- HIGHER ED JOBS External link
- Idealist External link
- Indeed External link
- InternshipMatch External link
- LinkedIn External link
- Monster External link
- PostJobs External link
- SnagaJob External link
Graduate School Search Websites
- Degree Directory External link
- Education Match External link
- Graduate Guide External link
- Graduate School Search External link
- Petersen's Search External link
- SUNY Graduate Programs Search External link
- Princeton Review External link
Psychology/Research Blogs and News
- Psychology of Work Blog External link Blog of Dr. Islam related to Psychology Work
- BPS Research Digest External link Some of the most original commentary on some of the most interesting and latest psychological research.
- MindHacks External link Daily interesting "pieces" from psychology, psychiatry and neuroscience. Very popular website!
- Neuromarketing External link Explore a dialogue between brain science and marketing.
- PSYblog External link Daily Science Portion bringing the most fascinating psychology articles in a more digestible form.
- PsychCentral External link Blog dedicated to issues and topics in clinical psychology written by practicing clinicians from all over the world.
- Science Daily External linkRead the newest research findings from various scientific disciplines
Managing Life and Stress
Many consider their college years to be some of the most challenging, and for good reason. Learning how to balance the daily grind of courses, work responsibilities, family and a social life can be overwhelming. In this section of our website, we will provide you with resources that we hope will help you manage your stress in a healthy way. We will continue to add to this list in the coming months.