Chair Email Knapp Hall, Room 48
Dr. Michael Figuccio is an associate professor of developmental psychology at Farmingdale State College. He earned a PhD in Psychology from Boston University. His research interests include early language and reading development and the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Introductory Psychology (PSY 101)
- Child Development (PSY 232)
- Atypical Development (PSY 316)
- Child Cognitive Development (PSY 321)
- Statistics for Psychology (PSY 348)
- Mentoring Youth (PSY 375)
- Applied Psychology Senior Project (PSY 442)
- PhD, Psychology (Brain, Behavior, & Cognition), Boston University, 2016
- MA, Psychology , Boston University, 2012
- BA, Psychology, Boston University, 2011
- BS, Human Physiology , Boston University, 2011
Certificates & Licensures
- Higher Education Leadership & Administration Graduate Certificate, University of Massachusetts Amherst, 05/14/2021
- Michael Figuccio, White matter in infancy is prospectively associated with language outcomes in kindergarten, Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience, 2021.
- Michael Figuccio, Examining the Efficacy of E-Service-Learning, Frontiers in Education, 2020.
- Michael Figuccio, Comparing the effectiveness of service-learning in lower- & upper-division psychology courses, The SUNY Journal of the Scholarship of Engagement: JoSE, 1(2) 2020.
- Michael Figuccio, The benefits of service-learning: A comparison of lower and upper division psychology courses in A. Schwartz and R. Miller (Eds.), High Impact Educational Practices: A Review of Best Practices with Illustrative Examples, : (2020), pp. 623-631.
- Michael Figuccio, Does the use of simulation significantly impact students' perceptions of their air traffic control knowledge and skill?, Journal of Aviation Technology and Engineering, 9(1) 2020, 32-40.
- Michael Figuccio, Predicting Developmental Dyslexia: A Brief Review of Genetics, Language, and the Brain, Journal of Childhood and Developmental Disorders, 3(1) 2017.
- Michael Figuccio, Identifying brain and behavioral predictors of language and reading development in typically developing and at-risk children, Ann Arbor: ProQuest (2016).
- Michael Figuccio, Investigating the neural correlates of voice versus speech-sound directed information in pre-school children., PLoS One, 9(12) 2014.
- Michael Figuccio, Sperry, Roger W. in R.W. Rieber (Ed.), Encyclopedia of the History of Psychological Theories, New York: Springer US (2012).
Awards & Honors
- SUNY Effective Online Pedagogical Practice Award, 2020.
- Open SUNY Online Teaching Ambassador, 2020.
- CTLT Innovative Pedagogy Award, 2020.