Readmission (Returning)

Have you been away from Farmingdale State College for two semesters but less than 5 years?  It's easy to return to finish a degree! 

If you have not attended classes for more than 5 years or you have completed a Bachelor's degree, you will need to submit a new application.

Step 1:

Print and complete Section I of the Application for Readmission.

Step 2:

Find the program that you wish to be re-admitted to.  You can choose your previous program or you can pick a new program.  When you click on the major that you want to study, the contact information for the chair of the department will be located at the top of the page.

Step 3: 

Contact the academic department you are interested in returning to in order for you Application for Readmission to be reviewed.

Step 4:

If your Application for Readmission is approved, bring the completed form to the Registrar Office on the 2nd Floor of Laffin Hall.  Your department will academically advise you and explain the opportunities your degree can be used toward.  Welcome back!

Important Information

  • If you were academically suspended or on probation, you will need to have your original department complete the form before changing majors.
  • If you have any holds (business or other) on your Farmingdale account, your Application for Readmission will not be accepted until the holds have been cleared.
  • If you attended another institution, please provide an official copy of your transcript to the Admissions Office.
  • Please refer to the Student Handbook for more details.

Check Your Degree Progress

  • You can check your degree progress using our DegreeWorks.
  • To Login, you will need your Farmingdale Email.
    • If you do not remember your password, refer to these instructions.
    • If you do not remember your email address, you will need to call the Helpdesk at 934-420-2754 or send an email to (please provide them with your RAMID, DOB, and/or SS#).
  • Utilizing the What-If Scenario on DegreeWorks, you can see how your existing credits can be used towards a new degree! 
Last Modified 7/11/22