State Employee Payroll
Our Payroll staff is dedicated to providing quality customer service for all payroll functions. These services include:
- Issuing accurate and timely paychecks
- Tax withholding
- Direct Deposit
- Inconvenience pay and pre-shift briefing
- Overtime and overtime meals
- Lost time
- Five (5) day deferred pay withholding
- Employee Retirement System (ERS) loan deductions
- Supplemental Retirement Account deductions
- All new employees will have a delay of two pay periods for their first paycheck.
- CSEA, PEF, and Management Confidential will have an additional five-day lag. This five-day lag is implemented by withholding the equivalent of one day's pay in each of the appointee's first five pay periods.
- Employees must choose the number of federal deductions to take when completing the W-4 form.
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has a Tax Withholding Estimator to assist with estimating your federal income tax withholding.
Using NYS Payroll Online you can:
- View and print your pay stubs
- Opt out of receiving a paper pay stub
- View and print current and prior W-2's
- Change your tax withholdings
This system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- All employees are required to enroll in Direct Deposit
- Direct Deposit Enrollment Instructions
- Guide to Completing the AC 2772 Direct Deposit Form for NYS Employees
- Direct Deposit Form- AC 2772
- Your direct deposit will automatically be stopped if you have not had a check issued for three consecutive pay periods.
- If you are not sure of your direct deposit status or wish to have your account reactivated, please send an email to email@example.com
- If you have direct deposit and are switching banks or accounts, do not close the old accounts until you see that your payment is direct deposited into your new account.