Location: Outside the lobby entrance to Greenley Hall
Hours: Mon. - Fri. 9 am - 5:00 pm
Walk-In Hours: Tuesdays, 11 am-1 pm
Rena Varghese, Executive Director
Dolores Ciaccio, Director
Cheryl Stratigos, Career Counselor
Inesa Mott, Applied Learning Coordinator
Guadalupe Rivera, Administrative Assistant
The Nexus Center
The Nexus Center for Applied Learning & Career Development (the "Nexus Center"), represents a groundbreaking initiative of Farmingdale State College ("FSC") to integrate the APPLIED LEARNING and CAREER DEVELOPMENT efforts of the college.
How Does This Help You?
The Nexus Center is a one-stop shop for you to advertise and fill your opportunities by connecting with students and graduates throughout all of our schools and academic departments at FSC.
To fill JOBS (part-time, full-time, summer), sign-up for an account on our CareerConnect platform. If you require assistance with CareerConnect, please call the Nexus Center at 631-420-2296.
Access our virtual resume book to view resumes from students and graduates. Post your job and receive email notifications when resumes have been submitted to your posting. Generate resume packets to print out or share submitted resumes. Set your own expiration date for job postings and close your posting when they have been filled.
To offer INTERNSHIPS for academic credit by partnering with our expert faculty or other Applied Learning opportunities, contact our Applied Learning Coordinator.
The Nexus Center works with students to identify and to market themselves for employment opportunities.
Register for a CareerConnect account online:
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Counselor: meeting with a Career Counselor will allow you to discuss important career-planning questions, learn strategies for making meaningful career decisions, and develop a plan for your job search.
- Submit your Resume and Cover Letter for feedback from a Career Counselor.
- View current job and internship postings from companies seeking to employ FSC students and graduates. You can then apply for jobs directly by submitting your resume through the CareerConnect platform.
The Nexus Center also offers:
Career Readiness Workshops;
- Career Readiness Workshops;
- Annual Job Fairs, Technology Fair, Graduate School Fair and other Career-Focused Events;
- Career Assessments (such as the Self Directed Search, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, and Strong Interest Inventory) which can be useful resources in helping you clarify your career direction;
- Interview Skills Resources:
Learn more about the Career Development resources of the Nexus Center.
The Nexus Center helps to place students in real-world Applied Learning experiences related to your academic and career goals. Applied Learning provides opportunities for you to apply the knowledge and skills learned in the classroom in a hands-on, practical environment outside the classroom. By engaging in Applied Learning, you will gain valuable experience which will develop your skills, enhance your professional networks, and make you a more attractive candidate for employment.
FSC offers a variety of Applied Learning activities, including internships, clinical placements, practicums, community service, undergraduate research, and study abroad.
To review internships for academic credit and other applied learning opportunities, log-on to the Axiom Mentor Applied Learning Database.