The Nexus Center is now delivering career services in a virtual environment.
Schedule an appointment by following the steps below to "meet" with a career counselor via phone or Zoom.
Virtual Resume and Cover Letter Review continues to be available through CareerConnect. Submit documents from your CareerConnect home page. Go to "Documents" > "My Documents" > "Add New". Not yet registered for CareerConnect? Sign up from the link provided below under "Schedule An Appointment".
Virtual Chat is available through CareerConnect, where career counselors will be available to answer your career-related questions. Look for the "Have a Question for the Nexus Center?" box on the right side of your CareerConnect homepage. Hours: Monday - Friday from 9am - 5pm.
Job and Internship Postings - The CareerConnect job board remains active. Review and apply to opportunities through your CareerConnect homepage.
Email - You can always email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nexus Center is committed to providing you with valuable career resources during this time.
Our goal is to empower students and alumni to explore, define and achieve their academic and post-graduate goals. It is never too early or too late to engage in the career exploration and planning process. Visit our Career Counseling FAQ page to learn about all of the services offered by the Nexus Center.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Out of an abundance of caution with the Coronavirus, the Nexus Center has moved to remote appointments. If you would like to schedule a remote/phone appointment, please follow the instructions below. Thank you.
- Appointments to meet with Cheryl Stratigos, Career Counselor, Ashley Perrone, Applied
Learning Counselor, and Inesa Mott, Applied Learning Coordinator, are scheduled through
CareerConnect, our online career services platform.
If you are registered with CareerConnect: Sign into your account HERE and choose "Counseling Appointment" from the menu on the left side of your homepage.
If you are not yet registered with CareerConnect: Click HERE and choose "Sign Up". After completing the registration form, you will receive an email asking you to verify your account information, followed by an email prompting you to set up a password. Once your account is activated, sign in and look for "Counseling Appointment" on the left side of your homepage.
Appointments to meet with Dolores Ciaccio, our Career Development Director, can be made by calling 934-420-2488 or by emailing email@example.com with your availability.
FOCUS 2 CAREER ASSESSMENT
- FOCUS 2 CAREER ASSESSMENT PLATFORM - ACCESS CODE: rams. Focus 2 is an online career and education planning tool for college students designed to help you make decisions about future career goals and education plans. FOCUS 2 provides four self-assessments to help you identify your top work interests, values, skills, and personality preferences, then explore occupations and compatible major areas of study. Students use FOCUS 2 to help choose or change their major and also to explore and verify their career choices. It is important to meet with your career counselor to discuss your assessment results and next steps in your education and career decision-making process.
- General Chronological Resume
- Job Scan - Use this tool to analyze how well your resume is tailored for a particular job/internship
- For an in-depth career counseling experience which utilizes career assessment instruments
to assist in your choice of academic major or career exploration, you may arrange
an appointment with a Nexus counselor. Working with a Nexus counselor, you will be
able to incorporate the results of the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) and Strong Interest Inventory into your academic and career decision-making process.
Candid Career provides informational video interviews featuring industry professionals. Get the inside scoop on careers as well as advice that will give you an edge in your job search. Search videos by industry, career title, college major or keywords! This is a great way to gather valuable career information to help with your decision-making. Click on the CandidCareer logo to get started, and be sure to watch the "Why Use the Career Center?" video on the CandidCareer.com homepage.
- Industry-Specific Resources
SUNY PROFESSIONAL SKILLS VIDEOS
- SUNY produced an extensive series of short videos on professional skills, including job search essentials and perspectives from employers, available here.
MANAGING YOUR PROFESSIONAL ONLINE PRESENCE
- Online Reputation Management for College Grads
- Social Media and your Online Reputation
LinkedIn Learning offers students, faculty and staff unlimited on-demand access to a full library of online video tutorials on a variety of topics, including technology, software and business skills. You can learn at your own pace and access course content anytime, anywhere - from a computer, mobile device or tablet. Log in here.