Announcement: We are accepting applications for our annual Summer Bridge Program for incoming freshmen! Summer Bridge is from July 8th-19th. The priority deadline to apply is May 17th. See Summer Bridge webpage for more details!
Students who meet all program expectations receive the following TRIO services:
- Incoming first-year students: Two-week residential Summer Bridge program
- Incoming first-year students: Specialized First Year Experience seminar course to help successfully navigate the initial phase of college
- Academic, career, and personal counseling including graduate school advisement
- Preparation for internships, research opportunities, job shadowing, etc.
- Guidance with financial aid applications as well as scholarship and loan reduction information
- Tutoring support by FSC faculty in Math and Writing
- Laptop, calculator, and book loan program
- Cultural activities, field trips, and opportunities to get involved with the campus community
- Workshops on various topics such as life skills, relationship-building, and community relations
Counseling - TRIO offers Academic Counseling and assistance with the selection of classes, ensuring successful completion of courses, and applying for internships, graduate schools, and jobs.
Tutoring - We meet with our students to review academic needs and offer free in-house tutoring services. Students can also be partnered with upperclassmen in their respective majors for additional tutoring and peer mentoring. If extra support is needed, referrals can be made to the campus Tutoring Center.
Financial Aid Counseling - There are many resources available to guide our students through the financial aid process. Students are advised to come to the office with their questions and concerns for their Educational Counselors. For more info, visit the Financial Aid Office.
For additional support service programs and departments, refer to Student Support Services.