Message Around COVID-19:
We are still accepting new applications and providing comprehensive services through
virtual platforms. Come join us!
Students who meet all program expectations receive the following TRIO services:
- Incoming first-year students: Two-week residential Summer Bridge orientation
- Incoming first-year students: Specialized First Year Experience seminar course to help successfully navigate the initial phase of college
- Academic, career, and personal counseling including graduate school advisement
- Assistance arranging internships, research opportunities, job shadowing, etc.
- Guidance with financial aid applications as well as scholarship and loan reduction information
- Tutoring support
- Cultural activities, field trips, and opportunities to get involved with the campus community
- Workshops on various topics such as life skills, relationship-building, and community relations
- Fee waived for Farmingdale State College orientation
Counseling - TRIO offers Academic Counseling and assistance with the selection of classes, ensuring successful completion of courses, and applying for internships, graduate schools, and jobs.
Tutoring - We meet with our students to review academic needs and offer free in-house tutoring services. Students are also partnered with upperclassmen in their respective majors for additional tutoring and peer mentoring. If extra support is needed, referrals can be made to the campus Tutoring Center.
Financial Aid Counseling - There are many resources available to guide our students through the financial aid process. Students are advised to come to the office with their questions and concerns for their Educational Counselors. For more info, visit the Financial Aid Office.
For additional support service programs and departments, refer to Student Support Services.