Message Around COVID-19:
We are still accepting new applications and providing comprehensive services through
virtual platforms. Come join us!
Summer Bridge is a free two-week program designed to assist with the transition from high school to college. Students live on campus, take mock college classes, participate in relationship-building activities, and attend two field trips. This is a prime opportunity to get familiar with the campus, prepare for college-level coursework, and get to know over 25 peers and faculty and staff who will be mentors and lifelong friends. Upon successful completion, students receive a personalized certificate of achievement to recognize valuable contributions to the program!
- Academics - Class schedule is constructed to sample introductory courses: Psychology, Math, Writing, Biology, and others to equip students with skills and strategies needed to be successful in college
- Workshops - Designed to teach students essential academic, professional, and life skills such as time-management, leadership, personal branding, and financial literacy
- Self-Awareness - Key program focus intended to cultivate effective reflection and recognition of ones individuality, both in personality and life experience
- Relationship-Building - Meaningful mentoring relationships with TRIO staff and student advisors, as well as positive peer relationships through open discussion groups, fun activities, and quality time in a family-oriented atmosphere
- Orientation - Comprehensive overview of campus life, departments, resources, rules and regulations, and opportunities
Campus Scavenger Hunt
Outdoor BBQ with TRIO Upperclassmen
Student Talent Showcase