At Smart Scholars, we believe that each student has the potential within them to achieve their goals. Our comprehensive academic program strengthens the skills, knowledge, and motivation young adults need to succeed in higher education and beyond!
The Smart Scholars Program at Farmingdale State College provides students with the opportunity to explore different college and career options while earning free, college credits while enrolled in high school. Students earn these credits through a combination of dual enrollment classes embedded within their high school schedule and courses taken on-campus at Farmingdale State College (FSC) through our Saturday pre-college program. The Saturday program, along with our other services allows students to discover their potential while networking with their peers and individuals in higher education and various careers.
- Inspire and guide students to reach their full potential, academically and beyond.
- Help students earn at least 24 free college credits while in high school.
- Help students strengthen the skills they need to be successful in competitive fields like computer science and business.
- Provide students with the opportunity to network and explore different options after high school.
- Increase the number of students from historically underrepresented backgrounds in completing a post-secondary credential/degree.