Go to Main NavigationGo to Secondary NavigationGo to SearchGo to Left NavigationSkip to Main ContentGo to Footer Navigation
Facebook Twitter YouTube RSS

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

  • How will I be notified when my application has been received?
    • You will receive an email the following day, with important information regarding the application. Please check your email regularly as all of our communications are done electronically. 
  • Where do I get a copy of my transcript?
    • You can request a copy of your transcript from the Registrar's Office of the current college you attend or from your high school guidance counselor.
  • Where do I send transcripts?
    • Please mail your transcripts to Admissions Processing:

      Secure Scan - Farmingdale State College
      Attn: Admissions Processing
      1060 Broadway,
      Albany, NY 12204

    • Transcripts are also accepted digitally via Script-Safe, Credentials Solutions & National Student Clearing House. Please check with your High School guidance counselor or College registers office on sending your transcript(s) digitally.

  • How do I check the status of my application?
  • If I am a transfer student do I need to submit my SAT or ACT scores?
    • If you have 24 or more college credits you do not need to submit your SAT or ACT scores.
  • Is there an application deadline?
    • Freshman application deadline is May 1
    • Transfer application deadline is July 1
  • Are there application deadlines?
    • Freshman Deadline: January 15 and all document must be in by February 15
    • Transfer Deadline: October 1 and all documents must be in by October 8
  • What semester can I begin?
    • Freshman: Fall Start Only
    • Transfer: Spring Start Only
    • RN to BS Completion: Fall Start Only 
  • What are the requirements?
  • Can I meet with a counselor?